Kenzo F/W 2012 / 2013 : Simon Sabbah & Xiao Wen Ju by Jean Paul Goude

Reaction score
kenzoa.jpg

GOUDE VIBRATIONS: Kenzo has tapped Jean-Paul Goude to shoot its fall-winter campaign, which will break in the July issue of L’Uomo Vogue this week to coincide with the Pitti Uomo trade show in Florence. Kenzo creative directors Humberto Leon and Carol Lim, the duo behind Opening Ceremony, said they have long admired Goude and felt he was the ideal choice to shoot the collection, which was influenced by the spirit of founder Kenzo Takada’s Jungle Jap store in Paris in the Seventies.

“Carol and I, growing up, have always been huge, huge fans of his work and when we started at Kenzo, that’s one of the initial things that we said would really kind of connect all the dots in the most perfect way,” said Leon. “A lot of it was just a conversation about where Paris was when Kenzo first arrived, and I think Jean-Paul Goude has just such great insight into that era. He was just really excited about us telling the story.”

The campaign features images of models Xiao Wen and Simon Sabbah, both wearing sweaters embroidered with a tiger and the Kenzo logo, superimposed to form an X shape. “It’s really exciting putting in the forefront that this brand is a unisex brand,” said Leon. “The idea that this image can work for both men’s and women’s magazines, depending on how you reverse it, was a very interesting take from his part on our collection.” The campaign is slated to run globally starting in September in titles including Vogue Paris, Vogue U.S., Vogue Hommes International, GQ, Love, W, Self Service and Fantastic Man.

wwd

i love this............a lot!!!!!!!!!!!

absolutely gorgeous

Due to the Asian origin of Kenzo, I think the cast is ok.

But the image itself is a bit over the top?

Funny, diferent i like

Really like the quirkiness of it! Xiao Wen is amazing.
Always loved the campaigns under Marras with Sorrenti, but these a great as well.

This is genius. Goude vibrations indeed, stunning capture by Goude. Xiao Wen Ju & Simon Sabbah are lovely in this campaign, beautiful faces and overall great look on both.

This is kinda fun! Reminds me of the late 70's GQ "disco" themed editorials.

So much in love with this, Mr. Goude can do no wrong.

This came as such a fantastic surprise, i just can't not love anything that Goude does! :clap:
Love what Humberto and Carol have brought to this brand, reviving it in a smart, energetic and neoteric way; collaboration with Goude is the crown of it all and I give them so much props rn!

Certainly an upgrade from last season's campaign which had a fun concept but was poorly executed. This is clever and very striking.

i like the sort of gaultier/givenchy direction that kenzo is going with this campaign. i can see some opening ceremony influence in this as well.

it's a fun, energetic, cheeky turn for kenzo, and i like the change. i'm glad to see xiao wen as well. IMG is managing her very well.

Jean Paul Goude... wow!!! that's Chic!!!! this is really good!!!! really cool!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxycakes
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->