Kenzo Menswear S/S 2025 Paris

Joyful clothes.

I just want to rob a bank and buy the entire collection :clap:

His design language is very specific to a music subculture, and lacks broad luxury appeal. I hope both him and lvmh will admit this to themselves soon.

He also really should not touch womenswear.

The only positive thing I could say about this collection is the tiger print and bag are cute. The rest is quite forgettable, unfortunately. The womenswear is seriously giving me Virgil's Off-White vibe.
This collection is weird, it is like he tried so hard but at the same time, it looks like he doesn't try at all.

I wonder what the suits and importantly Nigo wants to achieve with this appointment. With FOB, he wants to do fashion but obviously, the company wasn't ready to commit to that. They wanted to be contemporary but at the same time they wanted to be fashionable, I don't Nigo is the right guy for it.
Besides the paycheck, I don't this tenure will do any favors for Nigo? It won't add any exposure or credibility.

I don't think they will renew his contract.

His womenswear from his debut was really strong, and echos with the menswear. I don't understand why are we seeing Christophe Decarnin's Balmain tube dresses here

He is wearing the best look here! I want more of that!
At Babe he was only doing 5 shapes; by doing that way, it was easy for production and saved a lot of money. Also super directional. This should have been the business model for Kenzo too, like a Japanese/ Paris version of Supreme. They have the best range plan.

38Fwrjgs_t.jpg

His design language is very specific to a music subculture

Well, a specific music type too, western rap! His Kenzo is about pop culture and references a lot of youth culture, but I can't see actual K-pop stars like Black Pink & New Jeans wearing this collection, except for the baseball jacket.

It's almost like he needs some muses and not just designing for Pharrell. He seems to be stuck in the 2000s bubble

GMDfzVDaQAAQz3D.jpeg
New Jeans 2024

I admire anyone who even tries to dissect this collection and give some sort of critique.
It is just complete nonsense of a collection…
Dated, stuffy pile of …..

It’s actually his best collection….
My nephews loves his pants at Kenzo. Apparently, there’s a lot of choice at sample sales (lol). I don’t think a lot of people are buying Kenzo anyway…

I think they should give Kenzo to a young LVMH prize winner, who will be able to make the RTW cool. Kenzo is LVMH real true potential contemporary brand powerhouse.
At first I wanted Phillip Lim to take over but why not the girl from Ambush?

Nigo, tbh, needs to go help his friend Pharrell at Louis Vuitton as a style advisor or something like that.

I think his own brand has more flair than what he does at Kenzo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vseroff
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->