Kevan Hall S/S 08 Los Angeles

SomethingElse

Press escape to continue.
Reaction score
I will try to find images without the watermarks... :innocent:

A Safari is this year’s theme of award-winning fashion designer Kevan Hall’s Spring 2008 runway show. The show is a “call to action” designed to motivate and inspire others to support African related charities.

Hall has teamed up with Jewels & Pinstripes, a celebrity gift bag service, to create five luxury gift bags each worth over $13,000.00 to be auctioned off to the benefit the African Millennium Foundation (AMF).

In addition, 10 bags will be hand delivered to some of the most recognizable women in the world who have worn Kevan Hall on the red carpet — among them, Charlize Theron, Felicity Huffman, Vanessa Williams, Katherine Heigl, Angela Bassett, Debra Messing, Renee Zellweger, Sharon Stone, Virginia Madsen and First Lady of California, Maria Shriver.

“I’m hoping that I can bring attention to the charities that I believe in, in the hopes that others will also lend their support,” said Hall from his Los Angeles studio.

The show is scheduled for Monday, Oct. 15 at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, held at Smashbox Studios in Culver City.

AMF is a charity organization dedicated to improvement of the social and economic lives of Africans, especially women.

The gift bags will be on display at the fashion show Monday. Following the show, beginning on Oct. 22 one bag a week will be auctioned off for five weeks on charityfolks.com.

The bags each contain a 2-night stay in presidential suite at the Intercontinental Hotel Los Angeles complete with two spa treatments and dinner for 2 at Park Grill restaurant, a six-month wine membership from Bottlenotes, a rare Italian made luxurious pet collar, elegant jewelry and intricate beadwork made in South Africa and a list of other gift certificates, beauty products and expensive accessories.

Hall also created a unique keepsake poster featuring beautiful portraits of Africa by photographer Jack Guy and pertinent information on other relief organizations.

“One cannot think about the beauty of Africa without thinking about its plight”, said Hall.

Hall chose AMF in honor of his friend, AMF board member and award winning actress CCH Pounder.

He has taken an interest in African charities in previous years, with his involvement in “Absolute Vodka’s Tribute to African Designers” in 2001.

Born in Detroit, Hall’s achievements include Life & Style magazine’s “Stylemaker of the Year”, The 47th Annual Gold Coast Fashion Award’s “Designer of the Year”, and Peacock Award for “Outstanding Fashion Design” and NAACP’s “Great American Designer.”

14980739TheFlyingCloud1015200711100.jpg
14980740TheFlyingCloud1015200711102.jpg

14980741TheFlyingCloud1015200711103.jpg
14980608TheFlyingCloud1015200711111.jpg

hollywoodtoday.net . wireimage.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I like what I see...I read a review over at Yahoo and it was VERY positive on this collection. I most definitely concur.

im lovin the dress second row first pic
Like to see some more please

seems like it was a masai inspired collection...which is a good thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cg1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->