Kevin Jonas is Engaged

LUXXX

Reaction score
Kevin Jonas surprised his girlfriend Danielle Deleasa by showing up at her doorstep in New Jersey early Wednesday morning and dropping down to his knee to ask her to marry him. Presented with a cushion-cut diamond ring that Jonas designed with Jacob & Co., Deleasa couldn't believe what was happening.

Then, "She said yes, yes, yes like 500 times super fast in a row," the oldest of the Jonas Brothers tells PEOPLE exclusively.

Jonas, 21, and Deleasa, 22, who met in May of 2007 while vacationing with their families in the Bahamas, haven't set a wedding date yet. "It still feels like a dream," she tells PEOPLE.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20288983,00.html

Kevin is the LAST JoBro I've heard of who was dating. :blink: So even being in a relationship is news to me.

I don't follow them and I think their music is atrocious but I was surprised the label was for this. And isn't he like 21? Hurrying up much? Sheesh.

I guess it's the whole virginity "purity ring" thing, he has to married to have sex so it speeds up the process.

I don't think 21 is thaaat young to marry. At least he has money and a career that supports him, not that I'm a fan of their music at all but I like how they like to retain a pure and modest lifestyle unlike many of today's stars.
They were here at our city being interviewed by Larry King not too long ago, I'm not sure if he mentioned anything about an engagement.
Go on ahead Kevin, treat her well :smile:

I don't follow them and I think their music is atrocious but I was surprised the label was for this. And isn't he like 21? Hurrying up much? Sheesh.

I don't think to get marry at 21 is too early, for me it's just fine.

... not that I'm a fan of their music at all but I like how they like to retain a pure and modest lifestyle unlike many of today's stars.

Same here, don't know much about them, and I don't care for their music much, but I have heard others' giving them grief over the promise/purity rings they wear, and what not, and personally, I think it's wonderful that they have morals and values that they keep regardless of all the media and peer pressure for them to behave otherwise. :wink:

Though, I was quite sure that Kevin was the middle one, and the one with the straight hair, Joe, was the oldest. :unsure: A quick "Jonas brothers" Google search proved I had them mixed up all this time.

I would obviously fail the most basic of "How well do you know the Jonas brothers?" quizzes. :lol: :P

^I'd have 0 in that quizz probably ... really don't care about these guys. And besides, you don't make a band with your brothers, you make a band with your friends!

^I'd have 0 in that quizz probably ... really don't care about these guys. And besides, you don't make a band with your brothers, you make a band with your friends!

I'd probably have like a 1 or maybe a 2... out of a 100. :lol: I do hear bits and pieces about them, though, whether I want to or not, just because I am around kids sometimes, who are Jo-Bro obsessed, and I catch snippets of their gushing-about-the-Jonas-brothers sessions.

About being in a band with brothers/siblings vs. friends...I was in a band before, with friends and my sister, who was my friend too, growing up, and plus we're close in age and, for the most part, had the same set of friends, anyway...but, I do think, in a lot of cases, the whole "sibling act" can be rather, I don't know, cheesy. :ninja:

Last edited by a moderator:
^yeah I know what you mean, I think I know a bit about them, it's just inevitable, they are everywhere.

I hope neither of them will be shocked if (or when, depending on your outlook) this ends in divorce...if they actually make it down the aisle that is.

I mean, how many 21 year olds can say that they truly know who they are and what they want in life? If someone is still discovering themselves then how can you, as a future spouse, possibly know them as well as marriage would imply that you do.

I agree Spike. I know a handful of people who have married young and it was totally the right thing for them. I know a LOT more who it was not. Also, they clarified the purity rings thing saying it didn't mean they would abstain from sex just be true to themselves or something like that? I find it refreshing to see that attitude from a male angle but at the same time, I find it all so contrived. Good luck to them if it's the right thing!

I mean, how many 21 year olds can say that they truly know who they are and what they want in life? If someone is still discovering themself then how can you, as a future spouse, possibly know them as well as marriage would imply that you do.

Very few I think, there's the need of much maturity & like you said: to know yourself very well & the person you're going to get marry as well. Nobody would be surprised if this would get in divorce later.

Wow! I guess he really wanted to remove that ring!

the curly haired one with less of a fro, and intense sideburns.

kevin-jonas-jonas-brothers.jpg

from www.gossipteen.com

Um, am I the only one who thought all the Jonas brothers were under 18?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
multibabydoll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->