Khaite F/W 2024.25 New York

Khaite is always a NYFW favorite for me, Cate Holstein never disappoints. The strong sleeved cropped leather jacket in the first look is a dream, I want it so badly. Actually all the jackets were exquisite. It's always such a joy to see these collections for someone with a minimalist heart.

Idk. It felt like I’ve seen it somewhere before. The silhouettes looked familiar. Also, they should’ve edited out the two looks with that orange print. It looks so out of place.

Idk. It felt like I’ve seen it somewhere before. The silhouettes looked familiar. Also, they should’ve edited out the two looks with that orange print. It looks so out of place.

The looks with the cropped jackets reminded me of some Jacquemus looks around 7 years ago or so. Also Tomé did something similar last decade. Surely there are even older references, probably from avant-garde designers. Nowadays, it's nearly impossible to reinvent the wheel, so at some point everything will look familiar.

Khaite is good for in the moment trends. They did really well with their baggy jeans this fall. This collection looks like most Khaite - bunch of random stuff from other labels with some really hot in-the-moment trendy items too.

Also who is inspired by Jacquemus. How unserious. Thats like putting Troy Sivan on your mood board. Like what ? …

Formless is the last thing I would call Khaite, in fact her silhouettes are always strong. I doubt that anyone would stop staring at me on the street if I wore that strong shoulder structured leather jacket outside paired with high waisted black trousers. They'd even surely think my 'character' is wayy too out there (and I say this from experience).
I don't get all the trashing of this brand, perhaps for some, minimalism is just boring, even if the designers play a lot with volumes, silhouettes, materials, and length. God knows I hate basic fashion and the socalled 'quiet luxury' trend,. Now THAT's characterless. I just wished people would stop commenting on the type of fashion they hate.
Also, everyone consistently looking with a magnifying glass who these designers are copying, influenced by, etc is just cringe and not very clever. I'm pretty sure Vaccarello got such ridiculous comparisons back when he started, yet here we are name dropping him. I wish people would enjoy fashion for what it is.

Formless is the last thing I would call Khaite, in fact her silhouettes are always strong. I doubt that anyone would stop staring at me on the street if I wore that strong shoulder structured leather jacket outside paired with high waisted black trousers. They'd even surely think my 'character' is wayy too out there (and I say this from experience).
I don't get all the trashing of this brand, perhaps for some, minimalism is just boring, even if the designers play a lot with volumes, silhouettes, materials, and length. God knows I hate basic fashion and the socalled 'quiet luxury' trend,. Now THAT's characterless. I just wished people would stop commenting on the type of fashion they hate.
Also, everyone consistently looking with a magnifying glass who these designers are copying, influenced by, etc is just cringe and not very clever. I'm pretty sure Vaccarello got such ridiculous comparisons back when he started, yet here we are name dropping him. I wish people would enjoy fashion for what it is.
Dear, it’s a forum. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If you love it, then love it. No one’s forcing you to think otherwise even if it kinda seems you’re a Khaite apologist. Let people speak their mind as how they’re allowing you to speak your own.

Also who is inspired by Jacquemus. How unserious.

When it comes to art, there are no rules who you are inspired by. A fact that will make your head explode is that Phoebe Philo was inspired by Alexander Wang's shoe designs for her own label. Now, breathe.

Last edited:
Dear, it’s a forum. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If you love it, then love it. No one’s forcing you to think otherwise even if it kinda seems you’re a Khaite apologist. Let people speak their mind as how they’re allowing you to speak your own.
Dear, I am a Khaite apologist. Perhaps I'm automatically deemed as 'uncool' in this forum. Do you know how much I care? The funniest thing about this is that you are in principle contradicting yourself as you seem to be pretty intolerant of my opinion. I know there are people out there immune to cognitive dissonance, so let's leave it here.

I think it looks great and im failing to see any Vacarello here.

there’s a clear inspiration from Cristobal Balenciaga but it’s a beautiful, modern and almost subversive homage.

the set and mood were perfect.

whats happening. Did we trigger some sort of identity crisis. If anything Khaite is a very cool trendy brand.

i guess it exists. the presentation is a bit too dark and doesn't do the clothes justice. i like that white wrinkled dress with the fur scarf,

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhaoxx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->