Kim Cattrall for Liz Claiborne "Spark Seduction" Fragrance

PradaP

Reaction score
092404_10.jpg

Liz Claiborne Seduces Kim Cattrall
NEW YORK — TV’s sexiest p.r. maven is turning her attention to a new beauty project.

Kim Cattrall, perhaps best known for her role as p.r. whiz — and femme fatale — Samantha Jones on HBO’s “Sex and the City,” has signed a deal with Liz Claiborne Cosmetics to be the face of its new scent masterbrand, Spark Seduction, which will be launched this fall. Spark Seduction joins the two original Spark scents and their ancillaries, which Claiborne launched in fall 2003.

“The tag line in our advertising featuring Kim describes her as an actress, a producer and a seductress,” said Art Spiro, president of Liz Claiborne Cosmetics. “She’s all those things, and more. We were looking for someone who personified the seductive qualities of this fragrance and its launch. No one could be better than Kim for that role.”

Added David Hirschler, vice president of marketing for Liz Claiborne Cosmetics, “Both men and women view Kim as being seductive, which made her ideal for this role.” Hirschler added that he and Spiro expect Spark Seduction to be “a strong pillar” for the company, given “Kim’s participation, as well as the power of the scents and their packaging.”

The print campaign, featuring Cattrall in a slinky silver gown reclining on a pile of pillows with a come-hither expression on her face, has been shot by Sante D’Orazio. It will begin appearing in November fashion, beauty and lifestyle magazines, including Glamour, Allure, Self and GQ. The scent will begin rolling out in mid-October.

In addition to her role in Claiborne’s ads for Spark Seduction, Cattrall is filming a new movie, “Ice Princess,” expected to be released in 2005.

Neither of the executives would comment on the terms of Cattrall’s contract, including its length or how much the actress is being paid. Industry sources estimated, however, that Cattrall had signed on for at least a year and is likely earning about $1 million for the gig.

Claiborne returned to the perfumers responsible for the original Spark scents — Firmenich’s Harry Fremont for the men’s, and Firmenich’s Jean-Claude DeVille for the women’s — to concoct the Spark Seduction juices. The men’s scent is a cool aromatic with accords of white pepper, cardamom and grapefruit, layered with a woody base of silver birch, vetiver, patchouli and musk. The women’s scent, a lush floral, has top notes of clementine, guava and hydrangea; middle notes of magnolia, passion flower and tuberose, and a drydown of frangipani, apricot skin and musk.

The Spark Seduction line will include a 3.4-oz. women’s eau de parfum spray, $52; a 3.4-oz. men’s cologne spray, $52; a 6.7-oz. women’s body lotion, $30, and a 2.6-oz. men’s deodorant, $14. As well, gifts-with-purchase and holiday gift sets are planned. All will be available in Claiborne’s full U.S. department store distribution, currently about 2,200 doors.

None of the executives would comment on projected sales or advertising spending, although industry sources estimated Claiborne is hoping for sales of $30 million at retail in the duo’s first year, with at least $5 million to be spent on advertising and promotion.

Cattrall is the latest in a flood of celebrities entering the prestige beauty market over the last year, either as faces or as creators.

— Julie Naughton

Me too! Kudos for Claiborne for using an actress of Kim's age for a campaign. It's refreshing to see...

I think I... just really love Kim :smile: She's very hot for her age!

Ew, I ahte Liz Claiborne's perfumes...wait, I shouldn't call them perfumes, more water with essence :lol:

Im glad she's out there, im starting to get sick of Sarah everytime I walk by the Gap :doh:

She does look young in there ..but anyway, I like it.

I like it but kind of feel bad for Cynthia Nixon (or Miranda). Shes the only SATC girl who doesn't get the campaign offers. Oh well.

Originally posted by SCBlondie@Sep 24 2004, 06:14 AM
I like it but kind of feel bad for Cynthia Nixon (or Miranda). Shes the only SATC girl who doesn't get the campaign offers. Oh well.
[snapback]374496[/snapback]​

She's in some toothpaste and in the UK :flower:

Originally posted by maarit@Sep 24 2004, 07:32 AM
She's in some toothpaste and in the UK :flower:
[snapback]374505[/snapback]​

Is she?

Kim Cattrall is in a Tea advert in the uk as well - its pretty weird. :lol:

I like the look of this campaign - I really like Kim and she looks fab in these pictures. :flower:

so much for her trying not to be typed as a sex kitten...

Originally posted by mikeijames@Sep 24 2004, 08:36 AM
so much for her trying not to be typed as a sex kitten...
[snapback]374545[/snapback]​

Is anyone complaining? :P

heh, even Kim got a better deal than SJP with her shower gel and GAP :lol: at least imo

actually, i take back my compliments somewhat..as hot as she looks...she doesnt look her age...she looks, like others said, really young...as if the advertisers are saying, look we love older women (who look like younger ones) shes hot period. no need to make her younger...damn those advertisers

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->