Kings of Convenience

Susanna-Cole

Reaction score
I fell in love with them, after seeing this video for their song, "Boat Behind". :wub: Anyone else like them? :flower:

For those who aren't familiar with them, here's a photo and short history from their official site (kingsofconvenience.com) :flower:

profile10.jpg

Kings of Convenience are two Norwegian guys from Bergen, Erlend Øye (on the right) and Eirik Glambæk Bøe, both born in 1975 (Erlend November 21 and Eirik October 25). They met at school and at 16 yo started playing together. With two other friends they formed a rock band called Skog (forest in Norwegian), that released an EP before splitting up. Then, after releasing three EPs as Kings of Convenience with the Norwegian label Éllet and a self-titled album for the American Kindercore, they signed for the French label Source.

They rearranged some old material and added some new for their acclaimed 'Quiet is the New Loud'. They also released 'Versus', a compilation of remakes, remixes and collaborations. The new album is called 'Riot on an Empty Street' and it's now available everywhere.

I like them, although what happened to these guys? Nothing new for years.

Erlend has a nice DJ Kicks mix, though ... and of course he helped make Melody AM such a great album

I still play QITNL from time to time, though I always thought their music gets tedious after a while. I also liked Erlend's solo albums.. :heart:

I loved, loved, loved Riot on an empty street when it first came out. It's probably my favourite album of theirs. I like Quiet is the New Loud but Declaration of Dependence is still growing on me. I don't have the remix album (Versus?)

Erlend's DJ Kicks mix is pretty good.

wow, i am so glad there is a thread of them.
their music is so wonderful.
Riot On An Empty Street and Versus are my fav two albums. And i am sure they will have a live show in Hongkong on March 25th.

they are my favourite band in the whole world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donna tartan
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->