La Roux

LolaSvelt

Reaction score
There was a thread for this band but it was about the song In It For the Kill, so if moderators feel that they should merge our threads together, I don't mind.

You can talk about anything La Roux here. I can't wait to hear their album.

I love La Roux.
I first thought that the singer over-sang slightly, but now I love her.
Seen her wearing Henry Holland in the Bulletproof video? And that amazing Mondrian/YSL-esque jacket - great.
Annoyingly, I didn't buy the album on itunes but bought Bulletproof, In for the Kill and Quicksand . . I kind of regret it. I'd like to have the album :mellow:

I got the album yesterday but haven't listened to it all yet. There's some killer pop tunes on there. I also like the fact that Elly's got a very definite idea about having her own image - very androgynous and with the amazing hair - that sets her apart from other female singers.

My only criticism is that when she sings in a higher register it gets a touch wearing after a while.

Their music is ok, but she should learn to shut her mouth from time to time. :rolleyes:

So far I only listened to the songs - haven´t seen a performance - and I definitely like their music.

I really can´t decide if I prefer Little Boots, La Roux or Florence & The Machine...

^Yeah, there seems to be a new wave of twentysomething British singers with unique sounds this year. Last year was the songstresses (Duffy, Adele and even though she was around for quite a while, Estelle finally got some deserved attention).

I was actually surprised by their album. I really like it, there's some very good songs on it

that's how i feel as well...that voice. a bit irritating to my ear. i like unique voices...kazu makino from blonde redhead...but i find that her voice tends to meld with the music..la roux sounds a bit disconnected.

Here's a picture of Elly with her mum - an actress best known for her part in The Bill - you can see she's not inherently androgynous-looking but is a rather lovely girl under all that styling (nme.com:(

Attachments

• 09310_152150_newlaroux.jpg.jpg
    09310_152150_newlaroux.jpg.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 4
i posted loads on elly over in her own thread but thought this article was best suited in here - it cuts off a bit on the end, sorry & i believe its from mixmag. i snapped it really quick on my phone as i was so excited;

mhwzuv.jpg

I liked In For The Kill and love Bulletproof. She seems quite opinionated, always seems to be in the entertainment news complaining about someone or something, haha. I'd be interested to know why the album wasn't what you were expecting nolamartin as I'm thinking about buying it :flower:

I just realised I called the song In It For the Kill in the original post. :innocent:

elly is on the cover of this week's NME magazine as well;

7ipZd4Lqtqqgbdju9uekuTXEo1_400.jpg

218_magspread_laroux_L30809.jpg

source : NME.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"