Lakshmi Menon

Love these!! Her hair looks great. So does she!!

Gorgeous! Those bedroom eyes.. :wub:
And thank God for Indian publications that still give Laskhmi some well deserved space!

LE MILL S/S 2016 Lookbook
Ph: Rid Burman
Stylist: Nikhil Mansata
Hair: Keiichiro Hirano
Makeup: Sandy Sheker

We’re excited to launch our S/S 2016 Lookbook featuring Lakshmi Menon — and a spectacular house in Nasik, Maharashtra. Below, Rid Burman and Nikhil Mansata, who shot and styled it respectively, describe the mood:

NIKHIL: I spotted the Panorama House on ArchDaily a few months ago and knew it would be agreat location to shoot. Burman and I loved the idea of following Lakshmi around the house so in terms of style it feels less posey than a fashion shoot.

BURMAN: I’ve wanted to shoot Lakshmi ever since I started taking photographs 15 years ago. The experience of it was similar to a pilgrimage or visiting a shrine. Her movements, in the first light of the morning and later at the magic hour before sunset, were effortless. Instead of a professional camera, I used a tiny toy amateur Leica which sort of stayed with her like a shadow or another person in the room.

NIKHIL: In terms of styling we kept it very instinctive – we went with what felt right on Lakshmi and took cues from her own personal style. She is the ultimate model, muse and collaborator.

We added a 90’s-style choker with a Gem Palace pendant to a pretty mint McQueen dress. It gave the look a hard edge, and Lakshmi liked it so much she kept it. The image of Lakshmi wearing a Mary Katrantzou printed chiffon dress with billowy sleeves is my favourite and we shot it in the swimming pool!
blog.lemillindia.com

http://www.vogue.com/13266964/riccardo-tisci-interview-top-models/

souce: vogue.com

Interesting Vogue article about Tisci and his fav's. Here are his comments about Lakshmi:

"Lakshmi [Menon], when I discovered her, for so many seasons she was a [house model]. Then I began using her, and I still love working with her; sometimes I even flew her from India to Paris, because for me it was so important that she was in my casting, because she belongs to my aesthetic, my beauty, and I love that."

I have to roll my eyes at this. She's so important to your brand but she's never considered for lookbooks or the campaigns for the last 8 years. :rolleyes:

Also who was Lakshmi a house model for? JPG/Hermes??

Last edited by a moderator:
US Elle December 2010
Photographed by Horst Diekgerdes
Styled by Brian Molloy
Model Lakshmi Menon

scanned by t-rex

Vogue Italia - April 2016
Suggestions
Ph.: Steve Hiett
Stylist: Elisa Zaccanti
Hair: Alessandro Rebecchi
Make-up: Carole Lasnier
Model: Lakshmi Menon, Eliza Fairbanks

Vogue IT digital edition

I'm loving that Vogue Italia spread its like she adopts the vision full throttle and make beautiful dynamic moments.

ELLE INDIA DEC. 2016
'Come Undone'
Ph: Vikram Kushwah
Stylist: Malini Banerji
Hair: Mohit Kumar Sain
Makeup: Ashima Kapoor

toutiao.com

VOGUE INDIA MAR. 2016
'La Vie en Rose'
Ph: Bikramjit Bose
Stylist: Anaita Shroff Adajania
Hair/makeup: Sandhya Shekar

toutiao.com

She still looks great. She needs to grow her hair out again, though. She's so striking with her long wavy hair...and this haircut hasn't done her any favors, I don't think. Plus - everyone has this length of hair so it doesn't feel special.

HARPER'S BAZAAR INDIA JUNE 2017
'Girl Uninterrupted'
Ph: Bikramjit Bose
Stylist: Yukti Sodha
Hair/makeup: Deepa Verma

sina.com

Supreme Management S/S 18 Polaroids/Portraits

Lakshmi Menon - Model
Sabrina Nait - Model
credit: models
833697-800w.jpg

833699-800w.jpg