LaQuan Smith F/W 2020.21 New York

It’s maybe time for Laquan to step his game up and move on from the IG quality of his brand. I’m not mad for some vulgarity but make it fabulous...
I think this applies to everyone in nyfw at this point. Like it’s mind blowing there is even funding for this. Like doesn’t fashionova already have this market covered do we really need a pricier version? Literal trash. Le sigh call me when Milan or PARIS start.

And this person went to fashion school!?!

It's been two seasons since we've seen the men's sheer turtleneck and patent pants combo everywhere, in magazines on the streets. A look that was started by Mert & Marcus' recent DSquared collab. And that's what he decided to put on his runway?

The rest looks like Vaccarello on a budget. Instantly forgettable. The CFDA needs to appoint someone to go out in NY and look for deserving talent with a unique vision if they want to keep NYFW fresh because it seems designers are taking copying to new levels this season.

^^^ He’s a dressmaker.

i feel kind of bad for him because he was one of the first to have a lot of the "IG models" wear his clothing. He's even had Kim Kardashian and klan wear quite a bit of his clothing but he hasn't been able to elevate past that.

He actually has been producing a lot of the same looks and putting them on the runway for years. He seems to be more interested in being a star designer than actually challenging himself and creating a brand.

And having a fashion editor of CR for the styling part does not help him to elevate his brand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eskimogirl1995
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->