Lead in Lipstick (article)

^ There shouldn't be lead in art class paint--it was outlawed in the US in 1978, and Lord knows we are usually behind Europe on things like this. The advantage of lead was durability (and it really worked, just like asbestos). Used more in exterior than interior paint, it was a feature you paid a premium for. IOW you are presumably in more danger in a mansion than in a row house. I had my house tested & the results were good for a variety of reasons I won't go into because I assume no one is in the least interested :lol:

This is quite disturbing--I never suspected there could be lead in my lipstick. I see no mention of MAC ... :ninja:

Complete list is available if you follow the link above ... note that MAC is on the list a couple of times ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ack--if MAC is also on the list, then what do lipstick users recommend now? Which brands should I buy from?

Complete list is available if you follow the link above ... note that MAC is on the list a couple of times ...

The complete list is that one those lipsticks tested for that report ... so I guess that means there are others out there not included :ninja:

Correct me if I'm wrong but most of the lipsticks listed seem to be those that are deep red or at least dark colours. I'm wondering if there some sort of connection with the lead levels or it just so happens those were the ones they chose to test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->