Lemaire Mens S/S 2019 Paris

His worst collection. The worst collection.

Every single element, from the boxy, unstructured jackets, to the pleated, peg-legged pants (and that heinous jean), to the unisex footwear, to the billowing, shapeless volumes, are all just the most pedestrian of menswear plucked wholesale circa 1989.

When Virgil is doing volume and boxy more modern than you are, you’re really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Thanks dodencebt

When Virgil is doing volume and boxy more modern than you are, you’re really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

I really think this collection is not THAT bad.

Not a single thing here looks nicely constructed and complementing to the body. Looks like Christophe shared his moodboard with Demna and Virgil.
But I must admit that the black girl looks great in that suit. She looks the best out of all the models here.

I love the red jacket and the final look, the rest does look like the kind of clothes you would find at an awful american store for grandpas like Marshall's.

Every single element, from the boxy, unstructured jackets, to the pleated, peg-legged pants (and that heinous jean), to the unisex footwear, to the billowing, shapeless volumes, are all just the most pedestrian of menswear plucked wholesale circa 1989.
... THE CROSSBODY BAGS!

and the setting isn't helping, it's just too realistic, sad fashion assistant in Paris with an outfit planned weeks in advance only to not get photographed outside a show? you got it.

I like this jacket.. and that necklace somewhere.

Feels like he had to throw out this collection for the sake of it. Which is always a recipe for disaster.

The show in September will be menswear & womenswear combined - I'm sure things will be back to normal by then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->