leonardo-dicaprio-refaeli-peace-pair-12.jpg
leonardo-dicaprio-refaeli-peace-pair-13.jpg
leonardo-dicaprio-refaeli-peace-pair-14.jpg
leonardo-dicaprio-refaeli-peace-pair-15.jpg
leonardo-dicaprio-refaeli-peace-pair-16.jpg

about the sinatra biopic... nothing confirmed yet:judge:

Leonardo DiCaprio 'Can Sing Like Sinatra Man, Definitely'
Posted 2/16/10 1:00 pm ET by Larry Carroll in News

When a great director and a great actor team together repeatedly, the rapport and trust between them can yield masterpieces that last generations. Think Johns Ford and Wayne (“Rio Grande,” “The Searchers”) Alfred Hitchcock and Jimmy Stewart (“Vertigo,” “Rear Window”) or Tim Burton and Johnny Depp (“Edward Scissorhands,” “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory”). Now, after several films together, Martin Scorsese and Leonardo DiCaprio can certainly be included in such a conversation – and if the duo have their druthers, they’ll be including a third legendary figure into their equation: The Chairman of the Board.

Last year, Universal Pictures and Mandalay Pictures announced that Scorsese was going to direct a biopic based on the life of Frank Sinatra, teaming with Warner Music Group and Sinatra’s estate to ensure that his song catalog could be included. Writer Phil Alden Robinson (“Field of Dreams”) is reportedly hard at work on a screenplay, and DiCaprio is one of the top choices to play Ol’ Blue Eyes.

“I don’t know [if I’ll play him],” DiCaprio told us recently when asked about the possibility, which has also been tied to such names as Depp and George Clooney. “I have no idea, really [if it will happen]. That’s really up to [Scorsese] and the people involved with [Sinatra's] estate.”

A Sinatra biopic would mark the duo’s fifth collaboration after “Gangs of New York,” “The Aviator,” “The Departed” and the upcoming “Shutter Island.” It would also be prime dramatic fodder for Scorsese and DiCaprio, considering Sinatra’s fascinating life. From the bobby-soxers years with Tommy Dorsey to his 1954 Oscar to his mob ties, sexual conquests and connection with the Kennedy administration, the man caused Dean Martin to coin the phrase “It’s Frank's world – we just live in it.”

Still, the key question remains: If Scorsese comes calling on his blue-eyed frequent collaborator, does DiCaprio have the vocal chops?

“Oh, I can sing like Sinatra man, definitely,” laughed Leo. “Can’t everyone?”

Leo as Frank: Do you see it?
[from moviesblog.mtv.com]
video here

He looks very handsome in the tux but I'm not sure if I would like him to play Sinatra.

Leonardo DiCaprio Travels To Tokyo

Leonardo DiCaprio holds a press conference for his latest movie, Shutter Island in Tokyo, Japan, on Thursday (March 11).
leonardo-dicaprio-travels-to-tokyo.jpg

The 35-year-old actor has only had good things to say about working with director Martin Scorcese. “I’m glad I got to do this character and this film with Marty,” he said. “It’s great to have a guide or a mentor when you’re making yourself vulnerable.

“You need somebody there who will drive you as an actor who you can trust in a situation like that,” Leo told the BBC. “We kept pushing Teddy to darker and darker places during the course of the film, and I think it was surprising for both of us at times.”

35+ pictures inside of Leonardo DiCaprio traveling to Tokyo…

justjared.buzznet.com

leonardo-dicaprio-travels-to-tokyo-01.jpg
leonardo-dicaprio-travels-to-tokyo-02.jpg
leonardo-dicaprio-travels-to-tokyo-03.jpg
leonardo-dicaprio-travels-to-tokyo-04.jpg
leonardo-dicaprio-travels-to-tokyo-05.jpg
leonardo-dicaprio-travels-to-tokyo-06.jpg
leonardo-dicaprio-travels-to-tokyo-06.jpg
leonardo-dicaprio-travels-to-tokyo-07.jpg
leonardo-dicaprio-travels-to-tokyo-08.jpg
leonardo-dicaprio-travels-to-tokyo-09.jpg
leonardo-dicaprio-travels-to-tokyo-10.jpg
leonardo-dicaprio-travels-to-tokyo-11.jpg
leonardo-dicaprio-travels-to-tokyo-12.jpg
leonardo-dicaprio-travels-to-tokyo-13.jpg

I'm not particularly fan of his looks and never found him that attractive; but I respect him so much as an actor!!!!
For me, the role of his life was in Howard Hughe's biopic Aviator!!
Himself said so, in an interview. I should find it back. He was not playing a character, he was the character. That's when he got my entire respect. That film is basically my favourite movie EVER....
I also loved his play in Catch me if you can and more recently, Shutter Island.
He has such a power, and expresses a lot with his eyes!!

What is your favourite film of him?

^there are so many films of him that I liked, from Romeo&Juliet, Catch me if you can to the Departed...

love the new pics, he has really grown into a great good looking man

He looks very sharp in the pics but I wish he would get a different hair style and get rid of the goatee.

Inception 2nd Trailer:

Cillian Murphy and Leonardo DiCaprio in the same movie... I want to see it NOW!

I just finished watching Basketball Diaries and Romeo+Juliet this weekend. I really loved the whole lanky, boyish, edging on androgyny thing going on in his early films. Leo has always kind of been off my handsome A-list actor radar, so imagine my surprise at seeing his recent pictures. Still handsome, but I'm more in love with younger Leo.

^yes he have aged a lot I did not even realise how much and he is already 35, time goes by so fast. anyway, he is still very charming and one of the best actors of this generation.

and I need to see INCEPTION... Cillian and Leonardo in same movie. wounderful.

THE FACE February 2000
Leonardo Forever
Photographed by Louis Sanchis

scanned by GinAndTonic

i finally watched shutter island yesterday. bad plot, but he looks ridiculously good, i couldn't stop smiling looking at the screen.

i was here killing time and found these stills from the movie...

media.theiapolis.com

filmofilia.com

:wub:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valeriolo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->