Les Hommes

Originally posted by mode_addict+May 19th, 2004 - 1:46 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mode_addict @ May 19th, 2004 - 1:46 am)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by faust@May 18th, 2004 - 1:02 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-mode_addict
@May 18th, 2004 - 12:29 pm
can anyone lead me to where i can purchase their pieces?

A boutique. 125 Crosby Street, NYC. I don't remember their phone #, but I can look for it at home.
thanks. i'll be sure to visit when i'm in the city. what's the price range? i'm in dying need for an extreme low u neck sweater. [/b][/quote]
Price range? You don't wanna know :( However, when you buy something made by Belgians (generally) you are paying for quality. And Les Hommes is definitely excellent quality - I've looked at the collection VERY closely.

When will you be visiting? Hopefully it will be sales time (mid June - July).

Originally posted by faust+May 19th, 2004 - 10:16 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(faust @ May 19th, 2004 - 10:16 am)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by mode_addict@May 19th, 2004 - 1:46 am

A boutique. 125 Crosby Street, NYC. I don't remember their phone #, but I can look for it at home.

thanks. i'll be sure to visit when i'm in the city. what's the price range? i'm in dying need for an extreme low u neck sweater.
Price range? You don't wanna know :( However, when you buy something made by Belgians (generally) you are paying for quality. And Les Hommes is definitely excellent quality - I've looked at the collection VERY closely.

When will you be visiting? Hopefully it will be sales time (mid June - July). [/b][/quote]
yeah i'll be there at the end of july and all through august. too bad i'm not there for the good sales. bleh.
are you thinking a sweater being in the couple hundred range?
their stuff has to be of extreme quality. that's the only way it'll fit right and fall right. it's very understandable. i can't wait to see it. it's just so hard to get my hands on things when i live in sf. we're so deprived. :(
it's so much nicer to shop in nyc. now i just have to stop shopping period and not waste my money for the next few months.
btw, thank you so for your help.

Originally posted by mode_addict+May 19th, 2004 - 11:46 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mode_addict @ May 19th, 2004 - 11:46 am)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by faust@May 19th, 2004 - 10:16 am

thanks. i'll be sure to visit when i'm in the city. what's the price range? i'm in dying need for an extreme low u neck sweater.

yeah i'll be there at the end of july and all through august. too bad i'm not there for the good sales. bleh.
their stuff has to be of extreme quality. that's the only way it'll fit right and fall right. it's very understandable. i can't wait to see it. it's just so hard to get my hands on things when i live in sf. we're so deprived. :(
it's so much nicer to shop in nyc. now i just have to stop shopping period and not waste my money for the next few months.
btw, thank you so for your help. [/b][/quote]
My pleasure. You are in sf, as in San Francisco? I'm flying there tomorrow with my wife. Have you been to a store called Gimme Shoes?

P.S. Yes, you got the price range right :P

Originally posted by faust+May 19th, 2004 - 12:19 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(faust @ May 19th, 2004 - 12:19 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by mode_addict@May 19th, 2004 - 11:46 am
Originally posted by faust@May 19th, 2004 - 10:16 am

btw, thank you so for your help.
My pleasure. You are in sf, as in San Francisco? I'm flying there tomorrow with my wife. Have you been to a store called Gimme Shoes?

P.S. Yes, you got the price range right :P [/b][/quote]
that's correct! good ol' san francisco. well i live just outside of it but i'm in the city alot of the time and i'll be moving in the city soon. changing locations for school.
i haven't been to gimme shoes for the longest time. great store though!. you should check it out. check out the tourist areas, union square blah blah blah. go to the palace of fine arts (legion of honor) they have a great exhibit on art deco! such a great experience. they have some great lanvin, chanel, cartier, boucheron pieces from the 20's and 30's. and this beautiful croc/tortoise shell/lizard skin louis vuitton brush case! absolutely stunning! and great furniture and paintings. well worth the visit. and go to haight and golden gate park. it's alot of fun. and the weather is beautiful. it can get chilly with winds (it's sf) though bc the temp just dropped to the 70s and 60s, it was in the 80s a week ago. there's alot to do. the dahli exhibit at the moma just came to town! check out santana row in san jose cupertino if you have a car. have fun! sorry i kept going on! :P

Originally posted by mode_addict@May 19th, 2004 - 1:26 pm
that's correct! good ol' san francisco. well i live just outside of it but i'm in the city alot of the time and i'll be moving in the city soon. changing locations for school.
i haven't been to gimme shoes for the longest time. great store though!. you should check it out. check out the tourist areas, union square blah blah blah. go to the palace of fine arts (legion of honor) they have a great exhibit on art deco! such a great experience. they have some great lanvin, chanel, cartier, boucheron pieces from the 20's and 30's. and this beautiful croc/tortoise shell/lizard skin louis vuitton brush case! absolutely stunning! and great furniture and paintings. well worth the visit. and go to haight and golden gate park. it's alot of fun. and the weather is beautiful. it can get chilly with winds (it's sf) though bc the temp just dropped to the 70s and 60s, it was in the 80s a week ago. there's alot to do. the dahli exhibit at the moma just came to town! check out santana row in san jose cupertino if you have a car. have fun! sorry i kept going on! :P
thanks!

Originally posted by mode_addict@May 19th, 2004 - 11:46 am
it's just so hard to get my hands on things when i live in sf. we're so deprived. :(
Come to Toronto, and you'll know the real meaning of deprived. :wacko:

But yeah, I can't think of a better place for shopping than NYC.

And faust, have fun in SF!

Originally posted by Orochian+May 19th, 2004 - 7:46 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Orochian @ May 19th, 2004 - 7:46 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-mode_addict@May 19th, 2004 - 11:46 am
it's just so hard to get my hands on things when i live in sf. we're so deprived. :(

And faust, have fun in SF! [/b][/quote]
Please,come any where near the south you'll be reaching the parameters of the near derelict....you wanna talk deprived!? :lol:

O*,I so hope you mean in North America? Its really funny,in almost every major European city there are gorgeous shops filled with an array of almost everything...yet here its very limited and mostly to the advantage of NYC. And what I mean by that is,in most cities one or two good shops and that's about the jist of it.

Originally posted by Scott+May 19th, 2004 - 10:00 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Scott @ May 19th, 2004 - 10:00 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Orochian@May 19th, 2004 - 7:46 pm
@May 19th, 2004 - 11:46 am
it's just so hard to get my hands on things when i live in sf. we're so deprived.  :(

And faust, have fun in SF!
Please,come any where near the south you'll be reaching the parameters of the near derelict....you wanna talk deprived!? :lol:

O*,I so hope you mean in North America? Its really funny,in almost every major European city there are gorgeous shops filled with an array of almost everything...yet here its very limited and mostly to the advantage of NYC. And what I mean by that is,in most cities one or two good shops and that's about the jist of it. [/b][/quote]
Thanks, Orochian, we had a great time.

Scott, you are right about NYC dominating the retail scene (especially men's), but I had a VERY pleasant surprise when we discovered a store called Cielo in SF. They only carry women's, but what a selection!!! I finally got to see Lutz stuff in person - really beautiful, and I don't know anyone who carries Lutz in NYC. They also have an awesome selection of Ann Dem (they still have THE boots!), Dries, Ann-Valerie Hash (sp?)etc... Anyway, a bit off topic.

Unfortunately, it's the North American aesthetic (or lack of) that is responsible for the retail trends. If there is no market, there is no product, which is self evident. US retail market is much more about the lables than the clothes itself. I've met with store owners that hate Prada but have to carry it to stay afloat. A. started out as a both women's/men's store, but they couldn't sell the likes of Sophia Kokosolaki, Ann-Valerie Hash and Angelo Figus, so they made the store for men only.

Originally posted by Orochian@May 19th, 2004 - 8:46 pm

london's pretty damn good...not to mention paris!!!.... :innocent:

but ny is definitely up there... :flower:

Originally posted by softgrey+May 25th, 2004 - 10:45 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (softgrey @ May 25th, 2004 - 10:45 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Orochian@May 19th, 2004 - 8:46 pm

london's pretty damn good...not to mention paris!!!.... :innocent:

but ny is definitely up there... :flower: [/b][/quote]
Exactly my point,Soft! :P :flower:

Faust,I heard that if you want to shop in California,LA is not the place to do it but in San Francisco. But you see,even still,quite limited if you think of the country as a whole and really what these shops carry. Austin and Dallas have some good places too but the stocks...its a bit dismal.

Anyway,totally off-topic :lol:

Could someone find out the phone number for the A.Boutique in NYC??? Anyone also know what kind of designer line do they carry for men???

Thanks

A.
125 Crosby Street (at Prince Street)
(212) 941 8435

Haute, Ann Demeeulmeester, Carol Christain Poell, Xavier Delcour, Jas M.B, and C diem...

leave the rest to faust!

Originally posted by runner@Jun 26th, 2004 - 1:58 am
A.
125 Crosby Street (at Prince Street)
(212) 941 8435

Haute, Ann Demeeulmeester, Carol Christain Poell, Xavier Delcour, Jas M.B, and C diem...

leave the rest to faust!
:lol: Yea, I could live in that store.

They actually don't carry Haute. I spoke to the owner and he said it was too "designer" for them :unsure: They also had to drop Xavier Delcour and Dirk Schonberger because of production/delivery problems. Anway, the updated list is:

Ann Demeulemeester
Les Hommes
Rick Owens
Thomas Engel Hart
Balenciaga
Raf Simons
C. Diem
Carol Christian Poell
Cloak
Yoko Deveraux

Coming soon: Helmut Lang

Jewelery by Shaun Leane :heart: (thanks, runner).

Yoox has some stuff from Les Hommes fall/winter 04 collection (black merino wool heavy weight v neck jumper for $1068, a wool hat with leather applications for $174 both in cream and black, a beautiful black wool jacket with leather details for $1770, a very very great gray leather jacket (seems much better and detailed than dior homme ones) with tons of details for $2022, an open heavy weight merino wool cardigan for $514 and some pants with leather details at waist (sort of a belt) for $564).....seems like interesting pieces but i find the prices very expensive :innocent: , some pictures :

thanks!

the prices are ridiculous, but that's because they are very expensive in the first place. actually the only thing i've seen in person is the $514 sweater, which retailed for $800. coincidentally, i need a beanie, but not for that money :lol:

faust said:
thanks!

the prices are ridiculous, but that's because they are very expensive in the first place. actually the only thing i've seen in person is the $514 sweater, which retailed for $800. coincidentally, i need a beanie, but not for that money :lol:
Hmm, maybe this is the perfect time to use the Yoox additional 50% off code? :smile:

btw, has anyone seen the pix of the designers themselves? they look so geeky - a total anti-thesis of their clothes. it's pretty interesting. V&R will put a mirror of themselves in their collections, Les Hommes will put the total opposite. I wonder what makes them tick.

Gutpocho said:
Yoox has some stuff from Les Hommes fall/winter 04 collection (black merino wool heavy weight v neck jumper for $1068, a wool hat with leather applications for $174 both in cream and black, a beautiful black wool jacket with leather details for $1770, a very very great gray leather jacket (seems much better and detailed than dior homme ones) with tons of details for $2022, an open heavy weight merino wool cardigan for $514 and some pants with leather details at waist (sort of a belt) for $564).....seems like interesting pieces but i find the prices very expensive , some pictures :
Where did you find those? I can't find a designer listing for Les Homme on Yoox! :unsure:

baklanyc said:
Hmm, maybe this is the perfect time to use the Yoox additional 50% off code? :smile:

i'll bet my last dollar that the code is for spring/summer only (but i'd be glad if you made me eat my words), and these are fall items. that's probably why you can't find them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->