Lieke de Jong

Very willowy at Giamba; she would be perfect for Valentino.

Giamba F/W 15
gLuYGggo.jpg

nowfashion.com

She's so pretty! In a very special way.

Giamba backstage

fashionising

Mentioned by casting director Maria Giulia Azario as an exclusive. Neat! So I guess she was with Giamba from the get-go.

Excerpts from the interview:

How would you describe the Giamba girl?
The Giamba girl is metropolitan, underground, real, one of a kind, spontaneous, girly, and modern. All that gives an enthusiasm to the collection, too. We are not looking for beauties, but we are looking for characters. It’s not about the nationality, it’s not about the hair color, the face—it’s all about personality. [This season] we really looked for new faces, we started doing exclusives, we took a lot of girls who never did shows before. Giambattista always liked new girls and Giamba gave us the opportunity to expand even more this concept.

What I enjoyed the most was the genuine excitement these girls had, training them how to walk and helping them with finding the good attitude before going in front of Giambattista.

Which models have impressed you this season?
It’s a season full of real beauties. I have so many favorites. With some of them I have great memories. Roos Abels, who opened Giamba last season, also did our campaign and our Pre-Fall lookbook and she is a sweetheart. Annika Krijt worked a lot with us in Paris before the couture season and we love her. Amilna Estevão is a star and she is so funny. Noa Vermeer, who opened Giamba this season, is so smart and such a fast learner. Elizabeth Davison is great. And I think Paula Galecka and Sophia Ahrens are stunning. Lieke de Jong, Anisia Khurmatulina, Freja Sørensen, and Sofie Schultz—our exclusive girls—are amazing and such a pleasure to work with.
style.com via HeatherAnne

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellbendcat69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->