Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Green

Date of Birth: May 15 1986
Place of Birth: Welkom, Free State, South-Africa

mweb

Her first shooting for Sports Illustrated:

fashionmodeldirectory

Last edited by a moderator:
20th anniversary celebrations-with Swimwear models Tanit Phoenix, Christina Storm and friends:

sportsillustrated.co.za

I think she's very pretty like every South African girl.She remindes me of Estella Warren,especially in the first SI photoshooting.

3 more from her first Sports Illustrated shooting:

diskusjon.no

The Sports Illustrated Swimwear edition is probably the most eagerly anticipated magazine of the year…well for some anyway. Its glossy images of scantily clad beauties in paradisiacal destinations, propels the models to super stardom in the collective South African psyche. And what could be more prestigious than appearing on the cover?

We caught up with 20-year-old stunner Lieschen Botes and chatted to her about her life in Welkom, her most embarrassing modelling moment and what has got to be the worst pick-up line ever uttered…

iafrica: Welkom isn’t exactly the most happening place in SA. Did you imagine that you would end up living the exciting globe-trotting life that you are?
Lieschen: Well there’s no place like home! I would say that I am blessed to experience both worlds!
iafrica: What has been your favourite destination for a shoot?
Lieschen: Bali of course! And Antigua in the Caribbean.
iafrica: Have you had any embarrassing modelling moments?
Lieschen: I can promise you, with me on a shoot there are always embarrassing moments. I take the cake in the embarrassing moments category.
iafrica: What did you like the most about the Sports Illustrated Swimwear shoot?
Lieschen: It was my third year on the Sports Illustrated Swimwear shoot so I was familiar with the shoot and the crew. It makes it that much more fun.
iafrica: How do you prepare for a shoot? Do you have to practice?
Lieschen: I wouldn’t say practice, but I do try to get sleep whenever I travel. My lifestyle is pretty healthy. I try to balance work and play.
iafrica: Have you ever had to wear something truly hideous?
Lieschen: Well, it is the fashion industry so you get a few ‘interesting’ outfits.
iafrica: What is the worst pick-up line that someone has used on you?
Lieschen: ‘Is jy nie moeg nie? Want jy hardloop heeldag deur my kop!’ (laughs) It’s funny!
iafrica: What do you do for fun?
Lieschen: Wakeboard, quadbike, hang with my friends, chill in front of the TV and play PS2.
iafrica: Do you have any plans for the future?
Lieschen: I plan to take everything day-by-day and whatever I do, to do it full on… No regrets!

lifestyle.iafrica.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Lieschen Botes revealed as the 2006 Sports Illustrated Swimwear cover model
2006-10-14
Press release

In a crowd-stopping fashion show held at Menlyn Park Shopping centre on Friday 13th October, Lieschen Botes was revealed as the 2006 Sports Illustrated Swimwear cover model.
The 20-year-old South African blonde bombshell hails from Welkom in the Free State and is taking South Africa by storm with her voluptous looks, luscious lips and adventurous nature. Lieshcen first got into modelling at the young age of 15 when she was spotted by an Italian scout in South Africa. She had to juggle her schooling and modelling career, taking two months out of each year to model overseas. She was crowned Miss SA Teen in 2002 and, once finished school, went full time into modelling. Lieschen has spent the past 5 years travelling and working in Italy, Athens, Paris, Korea, the Caribbean, Spain and Milan. Having signed up as the Wonderbra girl Lieschen is the face of the future.
Entertainment for the evening included Johannesburg-based Indie-quartet, the Parlotones, and MC for the evening was 5FM DJ Gareth Cliff. Other celebrity models who graced the catwalk included Claudia Henkel and Lee-Ann Leibenberg.
The ten 2006 Swimwear models featured in this years Sports Illustrated Swimwear edition are Liza Botha, Minki van der Westhuizen, Lieschen Botes, Jenna Pietersen, Anchen Petersen, Candice Boucher, Gerda-Marie Mare, Michelle Cowley, Lorraine van Wyk, and the Italian stunner, Catrinel Menghia.
ifashion.co.za

Hobbies:Wakeboarding, squash and working out
First modelling job:Italian catalogue
Favourite sports star:Christiano Ronaldo
Can't live without:Cellphone, lip-gloss, diary and iPod
sasiswimwear.co.za

She remindes me of Vanessa Villele & Estella Warren:

9454615.jpg
i116526462015diegofamilia_16.jpg
estellawarren_041.jpg
estellawarren_017.jpg

wireimage,blzn