Liu Wen

Posted?

LiuWenEsteeLipstick.jpg

scan

I'm glad she's featured in an ad for lipstick, i love the shape of her lips ^_^

#382 is my favourite Estee Lauder photo I've seen so far. Beautiful.

She has a 2 page spread thing in the UK issue of Vogue June 2011- the free Beauty magazine- im not gnna bother taking a pic cause there is only a couple pics of her and they are from an editorial tht has already been posted here and such...

but here is the interview

Liu Wen
-From green tea to red lips, the world's first Chinease supermodel shares her beauty essentials

Liu On Liu

-"It's a huge honour for me to be the first Asian model and spokeswoman for Estee Lauder. I'm from Yongzhou, a small city
in the Hunan Province known only for the fact that Mao Tse Tung grew up there. It's nothing like Shanghai or Beijing- there
is no fashion, just workers and students. What would i say to a new generation of Chinease models? Enjoy your lives, love
your job and smile for everyone"

-"The actress Gong Li is so pretty. I've always wanted her look. Growing up in China, all the magazines had actresses on
their covers, not models, though these days that has changed. I see a lot of beautiful women now that i'm working as a model
but i still think my mum is the most beautiful"

-"My secret weapon is Ten Ren Green Tea. My mum always told me to drink lots of it as it's good for your body.

-"Modeling keeps you fit- I always seem to be jumping or running in shoots. I also go running in Central Park and sometimes
I just run round my apartment, but I never go to the gym as I'm scared people might watch me excercise. I'm not very good
at it!"

-"I walk in so many shows-always in high heels, which i love as it makes you feel confident. I always keep lots of pairs of
sneakers backstage- my favourites are my red and white Converse and my Adidas by Jeremy Scott trainers which have
wings on the side"

-"My aunty is a doctor. A Chinease body needs Chinease medicine, so she sends me Ban Lan Gen, a famous remedy that many
people in China drink when they have a fever or cold. She also gives me Vitamin C and E to keep my immune system healthy
with all the traveling i do"

-"Red Lips and black smoky eyes create a traditional Chinease glamour. I love mascara,too. Asian lashes are very short and
straight so it makes them look longer"

"Vanity Case- Vogue Picks Products for A Liu Wen Look"

Bare Minerals Pretty Amazing Lipcolor in Strength- for an intense red Geisha pout
Make Up For Ever Matte Eyeshadows in Plum & Anthracite- to recreate a sultry smoky-eyed Chinease glamour
Pixi Voluptous Mascara in Black
Estee Lauder pure nail colour in Pure Red & Wild Blue
Creme De La Mer Lip Balm
Estee Lauder Idealist Cooling Eye Illuminator- Liu swears by this product and never travels without it
Margaret Dabbs Exfoliating Foot Mousse

interview typed out by me from Vogue Beauty magazine with UK Vogue June 2011

source: weibo.com/liqi620

Attachments

• 682d88e1jw1di39s4le8cj.jpg
    682d88e1jw1di39s4le8cj.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 22
Shu Pei, Liu Wen and director Barnaby Roper at the premiere of Mo & Co.'s 3D fashion film Momentum2 in Pudong Exhibition Hall in Shanghai 16th June.

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 600x900 and weights 64KB.
shupei_momentum1.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 600x900 and weights 62KB.
shupei_momentum2.jpg

shupei_momentum3.jpg

The film, using comprehensive 3D visual effects, deals with two personalities of a girl, with Shu Pei and Liu Wen playing the roles. Shu Pei said in a live stream chat that her first acting job was both exciting and challenging. When asked about differences between modeling and acting, she said modeling is a moment of a performance while acting requires coherent continuity. And whether she could consider taking up acting after modeling days, she says vaguely "maybe"... :smile:

sources: haibao.cn, talk.weibo.com via Shunichiro

Dolce & Gabbana F/W 2011-12 by Steven Klein

source: weibo.com/playspot

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nomnes
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->