backstage at Balmain

backstage at Rue du Mail

backstage at Roberto Cavalli

w/ Josephine & Zuzanna

tumblr/modelsoninstagram

backstage at Emilio Pucci

instagram/officialstyledotcom

And Christian Dior shut down the door for her as well, what a pity

Christian Dior shut the door for almost every non white model so I don't think Liu should take it personally :huh:

And Christian Dior shut down the door for her as well, what a pity

Dior is a pretty different show now with Raf at the helm - no more established girls (Kati, Jac, Kasia, Lindsey, and Daria S were the only ones arguably in that realm if you look at the whole showlist) or legendary names in the model cast. With John Galliano and Bill Gaytten it was still the Joans, Karlies, old school favorites, etc. Fashion just evolves as a whole...doesn't mean that Liu Wen or any other established girls are in career jeopardy (I'm frankly happy to see more of the up-and-coming Chinese girls in the show) :wink: In the end she and the other older girls will still be the one shooting the Vogue stories and making Cannes appearances...

Balenciaga is in a similar realm, from the looks of it. All in all - in the end she was still the one who did Balmain :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's safe to say that next season she's gonna walk less and selective shows because of this situation, and it'd better be, now she needs Certain breakthrough in Europe ,like major ADs and Covers, Im wondering if changing agency would help anyway?

I think less shows can be expected. It's been a long time since spring 09 when there were literally only 4 or 5 Asian models to choose from and she could do 72 shows. Every season is flooded with fresh new faces and she won't always be chosen for all big shows, no big deal when she's well established right?

I think this established status differs in everyone's view , American favor her but not European , til this moment she hasn't appeared in Vogue Paris yet, not a single page, and she only did one editorial for Vogue Italia ,no big European brands except once for Dolce & Gabbana, all major jobs she did are American and actually they are few : Estée Lauder, CK, American Vogue, for an established girl I don't think it's enough ,and it seems that maybe she's almost a top model in American s eyes but to European shes no more than an Asian phenomenon and it would pass soon , maybe Europe's not ready for an Asian supermodel yet?

I think maybe there are simply more attractive alternatives for campaigns and solo covers? Liu only started getting blue chip campaigns once she did tonnes of runway and was the second most booked model at fashion week. Other models like Sui, Fei Fei, Xiao Wen etc booked big campaigns and covers by their second/third seasons. Same with Hye Park and Du Juan in their day.

That is what amazed me, I don't understand why she got booked for almost every major show in Europe but then after the fashion weeks no brands showed more interest ,and the success she made in the US might help a little , such as Dolce & Gabbanna campaign ,Vogue German, Vogue Spain etc ,but no more big names , maybe someday Anna would make happen another top models American Vogue cover and so she could get an ultimate push

Haider Ackermann S/S 2013 Paris

_MG_0291.JPG

vogue.it

Love seeing her in paris, loved her in that funky white dress at Balmain, and Im in love with that shot of her in that amazing Givenchy dress from Vogue on the previous page

^^ Looks enchanting, it's always pleasant to see her walking on JPG's runway.
Posted via Mobile Device

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katiekar
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->