Liu Wen

H&M:

v86h4wZ.jpg

hm.com

Estée Edit
February 2016

Best Night Ever

Estée Lauder spokesmodel Liu Wen dishes on the one thing to avoid before lights out, what she wears to bed—and, of course, her can’t-miss nighttime skincare routine.

With email at your fingertips, nonstop group texting, and around-the-clock social media delights and distractions, actually making the time to unwind and shut down at the end of the day frequently takes a backseat to just one more tour of your Instagram feed. But, logging your requisite REM sleep is all about establishing a consistent evening routine, so who better to advise us than those for whom beauty sleep is a veritable job requirement? That’s why we are kicking off our new interview series, Best Night Ever, to bring you the secrets behind our spokesmodels’ supernatural skin. For our first installment, we touched base with Liu Wen to learn about her nightfall protocol.

What is your nightly beauty routine?

My nightly beauty routine involves deep-cleansing my skin, applying toner, then massaging in Advanced Night Repair serum before putting on a night creme. I use face masks three times a week.

You were recently introduced to the new Advanced Night Repair Concentrated Recovery PowerFoil Mask. When do you wear it?

Since masks are one of my favorite skincare products, I am really excited there is now an Advanced Night Repair mask. I use it whenever my skin feels really dry—after a long flight, sleeping in air conditioned hotel rooms, or just whenever I want to give my skin more hydration.

Do you have any tips for getting a good night's sleep?

To get a good night’s sleep you need to end your day with a positive attitude, even it was especially busy or stressful. Don't take your worries to bed! A glass of warm milk right before sleeping helps as well.

How do you like to relax before bed?

Calming music and a great book. Sometimes I’ll light my favorite incense or candles. I always remind myself that tomorrow is another day. It’s good to look forward!

When you travel across different time zones, how do you keep skin hydrated and radiant on the plane?

My skin usually loses moisture as I travel, so I prioritize keeping it healthy. I combine high-moisture products with a hydrated diet and a proper fitness routine. When everything works in concert, it helps your skin whether or not you travel consistently. I don't slack off during the flight. I repeat my at-home skincare routine, even in a cramped airplane bathroom, and I apply a thicker than usual layer of Nutritious Vitality8™ Radiant Overnight Creme/Mask.

What is your idea of a perfect night?

A perfect night would be at home having dinner and great conversation with my parents, followed by a nice walk outside, under the stars.

What is the best advice you’ve ever received on getting a good night’s sleep?

DO NOT pick up your phone again right before you go to sleep. Trust me!

Any tips on how to look rested when you don’t get much sleep?

If I didn't rest well, part of my face and eyes will swell a little, and I'll get dark circles. Black coffee can partially lessen the facial swelling, while an iced eye mask can lessen puffiness. Using a face massager can revitalize and encourage improved circulation. Doing a workout right after can improve your overall energy. To look rested immediately, I apply Advanced Night Repair and some mascara—it's a quick remedy.

How many hours of sleep do you average a night?

I always attempt eight hours, but jet lag usually prevents that from happening.

Night dress or pajamas?

Pajamas for sure. Because of my job, I've learned to be pretty flexible stylewise. But in private, I most enjoy the ones with cute prints.

Silk, cotton or linen sheets and why?

Silk or cotton just feel better against my body!

Are you an early-to-bed, early-to-rise—or a night owl?

If I have a choice, I'm definitely in the early-to-bed and early-to-rise camp. But depending on where I am in the world and where I was the day before—my jet lag dictates all of that!
esteelauder.com

Estée Lauder 'Advanced Night Repair' Pajama Party #LW4EL
and celebrating her birthday...

gifs by me; instagram/liuwenlw; snapchat/esteelauder; weibo.com

HQs

ELLE CHINA MAR. 2016
'Ready to Fall in Love'
Ph: Mei Yuangui
Stylist: Jin Jing
Hair: Zhang Fan
Makeup: He Lei

weibo/chenwanliqq

HQs

ELLE CHINA MAR. 2016
'Back to the 90s'
Ph: Mei Yuangui
Stylist: Jin Jing
Hair: Zhang Fan
Makeup: He Lei

weibo/chenwanliqq

Both editorials for Elle China are gorgeous, but Ready to fall in love is really superb :wub:

Funny how one would've thought Liu was in Bali for a short vacation, but turns out she was there for work... and that was about a month ago. Pretty sure she enjoyed it nevertheless.

Anyway liked the Bali cover more but there are more outstanding shots in the first edit. Gonna get this issue.

Casual Lunar New Year celebration...

gif by me; instagram/liuwenlw

Too bad she deleted the video, haha...

sina.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Celebrating Lunar New Year with the Public School crowd...

instagrams: mrscchow & sissihoumd

Bring it. @liuwenlw in @tommyhilfiger. @Zoolander #voguewalkoff #zoolander2
[

Last week rehearsing for the Lunar New Year Special on HNTV...

ent.163.com; tagged via weibo.com

Model Liu Wen attends the 2016 amfAR New York Gala at Cipriani Wall Street on February 10, 2016 in New York City.
iQXrNO0.jpg

vqtcMKu.jpg

knc24JQ.jpg

zimbio

Short overview of the Lunar New Year rehearsal:

This was the deleted clip:

[

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members