facebook/ellethailandmagazine

New Estee Lauder campaign.
Unknown.jpg

Unknown-1.jpg

Unknown-2.jpg

Unknown-3.jpg

esteelauder.cn

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so happy that she is continuing to find success and getting so much exposure right now, even more than in past years. I hope she scores three or four blue chip campaigns this fall. I'm thinking Bottega Veneta, Giorgio Armani, Louis Vuitton, and Moschino would be so wonderful and ideal!

Forbes Asia 30 Under 30: The Arts
April 2017

Liu Wen, The Chinese Supermodel Who Conquered The World

By Glenda Toma

Widely regarded as China’s first supermodel, Liu Wen, 29, has enjoyed a career littered with firsts: the first Chinese model to walk the runway at the Victoria Secret Fashion Show; the first Chinese model to appear on the cover of American Vogue; and the first Asian spokesperson for beauty giant Estée Lauder.

However, her journey to the catwalk was far from easy. She moved from southern China to Beijing at 18 to pursue her dream but found work wasn’t easy to come by. She chose to persevere, proudly crediting her roots in Hunan province as the reason for this resolve. “I told myself that bad things would only last for a day, not a month or a year,” she says.

And they didn’t. Liu’s big break came in 2008, when she landed a spot on Burberry’s runway show during Milan Fashion Week. The following year she appeared in more than 70 shows -- the most of any model that year.

Today, the almost 6-feet tall beauty spends less time treading the catwalks, appearing instead in more lucrative global campaigns for a host of major fashion and cosmetics brands. Forbes estimates Liu banked $7 million in earnings last year, making her the 8th highest-paid model in the world.

Liu’s likeable personality has earned her over 18 million followers on Chinese microblogging website Weibo and another 2.7 million on Instagram, also making her one the most-followed models on social media.

gifs by me; forbes.com

Photographs by Sasha Maslov

forbes.com

Last edited by a moderator:

#OnSet #BTS #NYC

instagrams: thisisjanayeung & ylm_lxf

Sporting #BurberryMen #AquaMiuMiu

instagram/liuwenlw

What did she shot for in post #760 before she went overseas. Who's the photog. Or will this probably be some commercial gig or insignificant.

Nice feature on Forbes and the writer was pretty good on her reporting.

I am so happy that she is continuing to find success and getting so much exposure right now, even more than in past years. I hope she scores three or four blue chip campaigns this fall. I'm thinking Bottega Veneta, Giorgio Armani, Louis Vuitton, and Moschino would be so wonderful and ideal!

Agreed and especially with VUS and VC's continuous support. Hopefully bigger and better things for next season. She needs a bluechip campaign, been a while. :lucky:

Likely she'll attend as usual?

#SevenAndCounting

instagram/liuyuyanglyy

VOGUE CHINA MAY 2017
'C'est Chic'
Ph: Terry Richardson
Stylist: Daniela Paudice
Hair: Harry Josh
Makeup: Dick Page
Nails: Gina Edwards

sina.com

What is happening to her campaign status this year? She had only booked 2 so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acronia15
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->