Liya Kebede

Urban Stylin

ɐʎ ʎǝɥ
Reaction score
Im doing an article in the newspaper about liya pse give me facts and bits abt her(not tabloid)

Attachments

• liya__viktor_rolf.jpg
    liya__viktor_rolf.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 300
Got this info from Revlon.com

LIYA KEBEDE
This international beauty was born and raised in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. While Liya was in school, a film director spotted the young beauty and introduced her to a French modeling agent. After completing her studies, she moved to France to pursue her work through a local Parisian agency.

Liya inevitably relocated to New York City, where she currently resides. The 23-year-old stunner recently surfaced on July's cover of V magazine. Recent features include editorial spreads in American Vogue, Harper's Bazaar, and Allure. Liya has also established herself on the runway circuit, having done shows for such designers as Ralph Lauren, BCBG, Yves Saint Laurent, and Balenciaga.

Liya looks forward to using her success as a means of benefiting and influencing the lives of people from her homeland in East Africa.

Liya Kebede — a model who is currently the face of Yves Saint Laurent and Tommy Hilfiger — and her husband, Kassy Kebede, a managing partner at an investment company. They have a 11 1/2-year-old son named Suhul — and were married two days before this photo shoot. Kassy: "Falling in love with Liya was the easiest thing that ever happened to me. I didn't even have time to think." Liya: "The minute we started talking, we knew."

NY Metro

I hope this helps. Let me know when the article is done. I'd love to read it!

thanks alot y all i lll send you a link every week i have an article out!

Here is some more info from Hello- magazine. I thought it was interesting!

In March 2003, the Addis Ababa native signed to the firm alongside Carolyn Murphy and Liz Hurley, making her the 60-year-old company's first-ever black spokesmodel. The $3-million contract helped cement Liya's place in the fashion world, and now she's opening doors for other women of colour. "I'd love it if young girls can see me and say, 'She's done it, and so can I'," she says.

:flower: :flower: :flower:
BRAVO Y all!I ll put y all in my ward acceptance speech!!! :lol: :woot: :lol: :P :heart:

Originally posted by eguana@Nov 13th, 2003 - 3:16 pm
:flower: :flower: :flower:
BRAVO Y all!I ll put y all in my ward acceptance speech!!! :lol: :woot: :lol: :P :heart:
:lol: :heart: your humor!

does anybody know where I can get magazine scans or high quality pics of Liya Kebede?
I am a big fan and I am collecting pics of her...

:flower:

the second link is exactly what I was looking for
thank you so much

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamcult
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->