Loewe Menswear S/S 2025 Paris

This collection was oddly sober for a JWA collection. It's a bit unsettling.

Nice details, i will give him that ( as always ). He's tailor made for Loewe

I liked most of this. To me, the suiting styled with the feathers felt very Kris Van Assche for Dior Homme. The jumpsuits seem like a nightmare to put on though… I didn’t like the trompe loeil belts at Prada, but I really hate the idea of a belt connecting a shirt and pants together

It’s visually a bit heavy for me for a spring:summer collection, but I enjoyed the tailoring and the detailing. I appreciate the variety of silhouettes (rather than just the oversize everything lazy design approach seen in a lot of brands)

I recognised the music too, it read very funereal to me, and the 9-11 association didn't help. The collection isn't about mourning or tragedy, some very light quirky pieces...

I want to say I like it, but probably just because it's not about subtle quiet luxury, but giving novelty of proportion and style.

I actually admire this collection; it's a a graceful output from JW. Usually when I watch a Loewe mens show, I like the collections and appreciate JW's experimentation but accept that it's not super pragmatic/meant for me. But this time around, there were a few looks that I felt hit the right in-between of experimentation and rtw - this look and this look in particular exemplifies that. Even the more experimental looks, such as this one and this one, felt more convincing as something I could see in or styled for off the runway. Nice to see Ash Stymest too.

I think it’s lovely. Much more wearable than previous collections.

This is my favorite Loewe Men’s collection and I’ve loved many before. At first I was so excited to see tailored slim suits back at a leading house and hoping it brought it back to the industry at large and then the draped pants came out and I fell head over heels! I’ll be first in line to get a pair, any pair.

It was definitely one of his most “commercial” collections but I think he walked the line of being adventurous enough while still wearable. Most fail (horribly) at this.

If this is a farewell it is a fitting one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vseroff
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->