London Fashion Week 25th Anniversary

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by BerlinRocks, Sep 20, 2009.

1. BerlinRocks

BerlinRocks New Member

Is that ok to open a thread for it ?
    I've searched found nothing. I might be really bad with searching onto the search machine.

International Herald Tribune - NY Times Global Edition

#1 BerlinRocks, Sep 20, 2009
    Last edited by moderator Socrates: Sep 20, 2009
  2. BerlinRocks

BerlinRocks New Member

3. BerlinRocks

BerlinRocks New Member

British Fashion Council.

4. Master Wood

Master Wood New Member

Nice thread Berlin Rocks. I don't really know where to start, I'm a little disappointed to tell you the truth because of the lack of support given by some of Britains biggest names at this important time, Alexander McQueen, John Galliano, Stella McCartney, I could go on have all failed to support London and without these big names London is unlikely to ever have a particularly big impact. I was discussing this with Tim Blanks of Style.com yesterday and he simply told me it was because of money. These designers are unlikely to ever come back to London because of the iron fist the conglomerates such as PPR and LVMH have over them. Ideally what we need is Harold Tillman to come to an agreement with PPR (Whom have a stake in McQueen, McCartney, and I believe have some involvement with Giles) which benefits the company and allows these brands to show in London once this one thing is done London is an international city and all other British brands will return, in the meantime I think London will maintain its momentum as it has been rumored Vivienne Westwood will bring her mainline collection she shows in Paris back to London, and Giles will also be returning. Aquascutum and Mulberry have both suggested they will put on shows as opposed to presentations next season which will add some excitement to proceedings. But I've been in London the past few days and its beginning to feel a lot more exciting, the people are much more international and the shows I feel reflect this also, its just crucial the BFC maintain this momentum one more season and everyone will start to take it very seriously.