London Fashion Week - women - A/W 05/06

^^^ From my own experience, they have definitely been buying smaller unknowns. There are speciality boutiques springing up there - in particular UK Style in Moscow who only buy (obviously) from British designers.

My friends (designers) in London and Paris work from their homes and small workshops, and the Russian buyers have been avidly buying their collections too. There seems to be quite a buzz for the Russians that used to only belong to the Japanese coming from the big stores like Isetan and Onward Kashiyama.

I'm sure Cavalli still goes down a storm, but there is definitely a whole new breed of Russian buyers who are allowing the young designers to pay their rent...

^
that is good to hear. Do you think it is a younger clientele that is more drawn to the lesser knowns?

It seems to be a very rich, but young crowd of buyers who are coming.

I have met some who seem rather modelly and aloof and spend money in Paris nightclubs like there's no tomorrow, so they don't neccessarily seem like the types who would like the younger, rawer collections - but they know it's more fashionable so they go along with it.

hi.i am new here .it's the second time that i am writing here.and i love the site. i agree with u stilista

Meg said:
I think if you read the thread where jade wears that awful piece of fur you will find numerous informed people denouncing it. You think her tongue is acerbic? I think she's the one full of pretention. Talking about how russians are the new 'japs' which by the way is a racial slur. I don't care what the hell Karl Lagerfeld is doing at Fendi, the woman is a horrible writer who lacks any sense of fashion sense or fashion knowledge. The fact that she's a hanger on of dear Tracy should be proof of that.

We'll have to agree to disagree on Lynne and Tracey , Meg .:cry:

BUT I am really sorry if you take the remark about the russians being the new japanese to be a racist comment , as I certainly did NOT intend it to be so , and if I have been racist , I apologise profusely . :blush:

no kit-don't worry :flower:, it says 'japs' in the article I believe, and where I come from 'jap' is a racist term. I don't particularily dislike tracy but I don't understand why she is the darling of london fashion week so to speak. But I agree-we'll have to Lynne.

Meg said:
no kit-don't worry :flower:, it says 'japs' in the article I believe, and where I come from 'jap' is a racist term. I don't particularily dislike tracy but I don't understand why she is the darling of london fashion week so to speak. But I agree-we'll have to Lynne.

Many thanks :flower: :flower: :flower:

I've had an uncomfortable day since I read your post , but you've reassured me and I feel I can now eat my ' Duchy Originals Steak with ale ' , with a clear conscience . :P

Actually , I visited Russia before the fall of communism and I felt guilty when males came up to me and offered to buy my clothes .
It's no wonder the newly rich have gone ape buying overtly flambuoyant clothes from VERSACE and JULIEN MACDONALD and the like , when western goods became available .

It's the little people I feel sorry for as a great deal of the new money is Mafia cash . You come up against these filthy rich Russian families on holiday , in Spain for instance , all draped in the most expensive labels , and each family with at least one big burly bodyguard .
But we'll not go there ! :(

Thanks for understanding once again . :blush:

kit

confess said:
hi.i am new here .it's the second time that i am writing here.and i love the site. i agree with u stilista

hello there...welcome to the fashion spot...:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LA REGINA
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->