'longing' For Haute Couture

I actually did check for topics by using the search engine, but I searched in this forum, (where it says, "search where" and "supporting cast") and I couldn't find it, so I posted it. I guess because it's Tiiu I searched here instead of the correct forum. I didn't know it was posted in the Designers forum - sorry. Again, I apologize, even though I DID check for topics before double posting; it wasn't my intention to post the editorial again, which is why I searched for it. You can delete this thread then if you wish, since the topic has been up for some days now.

It wouldn't let me edit but I wanted to add:

When I searched, the topic wasn't found on this forum, so I thought it wasn't posted yet. I did check and search, just the wrong forum. It's nice to see Tiiu in this editorial, though, since some people don't recognize that it's her. It is indeed Tiiu.

what a dumb concept for an editorial. Is Tiuu a furniture worker? What's up with all the chairs? Obviously the photographer forgot the first rule. Busy clothes, simple background. Busy and busy just don't look good because it's too hard to read. I wonder what kind of lens was used. It made Tiiu's arms and legs ULTRA long. Too a point I was freaked out because she looks like some alien being. But Tiiu is still lovely though...

I think the furniture is great. It's a twist on a ballroom setting where these clothes would be at home. Pure fantasy! :heart:

Originally posted by Eddie Wang@Feb 19th, 2004 - 3:35 pm
what a dumb concept for an editorial. Is Tiuu a furniture worker? What's up with all the chairs? Obviously the photographer forgot the first rule. Busy clothes, simple background. Busy and busy just don't look good because it's too hard to read. I wonder what kind of lens was used. It made Tiiu's arms and legs ULTRA long. Too a point I was freaked out because she looks like some alien being. But Tiiu is still lovely though...
Eddie, I think Jean-Baptiste Mondino knows what he's doing here. I'd say that the stark walls and polished parquet floors are pretty stark and simple. Though rules like the one you mentioned don't really apply to serious photographers.

As for the alien aspects of Tiiu's body, if you read the Cathy Horyn intro, you'll see that this was done to create a surreal feel for something truly unattainable. Like haute couture. Everyone longs for those sinewy legs and exaggerated torso. The same way we long for Chanel's creme puff peasant blouse.

isn't the legs and torso jus an illusion...you kno, make the cellings and doors higher. alter the size of the chairs to make them match her...and she could have been standing on a higher stool for christian lacroix, chanel and valentino to get the train of the dress to extend...

And then you have the technocal codes...the jean used grand camera angles and allt he stuff.

i'm still trying to figure out the chair on the wall in jean paul gaultier...

but i'm obessed!

OMG GREAT PICS THANKS FOR RESURFACING THIS TOPIC... or i would never hav seen it..

*quickly sets off saving all the the pics before they disappear*

that poor gaultier dress has been used in all the editorials... it must b feelin tired... n a bit sweaty

haha, sed ur so cute...

i've had a few people ask me about my siggie so i've resurfed this topic so people can see the picts...

OMG, these gowns are out of this world. Just really amazing. I think the whole elongation of Tiiu's body, and the whole twisted nature of the photos makes it more special. I completely agree with what Chickonspeed said about the reason behind the style.

ahh, to be a couture client ^_^ ... if only

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Feb 14th, 2004 - 11:17 pm
Are you sure it's Tiiu? She looks taller than usual :unsure:

They are all beautiful :shock: :heart: , even Versace. But certainly I think Gaultier and Lacriox take the cake :heart: :heart:
15style.slide1.jpg

She's probably about 6'4" in those Chanel stilettos.

AMAZING PHOTOS

Tiuu looks GREAT........fantastic! :heart:

special mention to the chanel shoes....you are very beautiful

Those are all drop dead gorgeous, especially the Lacroix! Thanks so much for those beautiful pictures.

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Feb 19th, 2004 - 10:53 pm

Though rules like the one you mentioned don't really apply to serious photographers.

As for the alien aspects of Tiiu's body, if you read the Cathy Horyn intro, you'll see that this was done to create a surreal feel for something truly unattainable. Like haute couture. Everyone longs for those sinewy legs and exaggerated torso. The same way we long for Chanel's creme puff peasant blouse.
:lol: :wub:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->