Louis Steyaert

He's confirmed as an exclusive (or should be a semi) by the casting director of Louis Vuitton show.
Shelley Durkan, casting director: "
Exclusives for this season were Louis Steyaert and newcomer Alexander Faye who was having his first season and walking in his third show after being scouted skating in Lyon a couple of weeks before.
 There were a lot of models walking for the first time at Louis Vuitton, Ian Sharp opened the show, and there were other great new faces such as Zachary, Florian, Simon Paul, Abel and Eugen…to name a few."
anothermag.com

Kenzo backstage

j06VqCo.jpg

10magazine.com

BEAUTY IN 3D
We find that a model's photo-genetics usually works only within a few vantage points.
Unlike Louis, who truly is a model in 3D. You can throw any angle at this guy (ok, maybe not smiling -he's too cool for that).
We'll soon be swooning at his many campaigns to come. We are in love.

Coming soon to TMW.
994307_10151584218877602_2032054230_n.jpg

Facebook/FTAPE

Louis Steyaert has been modelling since October 2012.
The Belgian new face, scouted leaving school, landed his first magazine editorial for Man About Town with Karim Sadli in Autumn 2012. January 2013 saw Louis make his debut show season walking for Prada, Louis Vuitton, Cerruti, Dior Homme and Damir Doma.
Editorials for i-D Magazine, Ssaw, Sportswear International, Dazed & Confused followed whilst most recently Louis landed the cover of Vogue Italia’s anniversary issue shot by Steven Meisel.

Full Name: Louis Philip Chantal Raymond Steyaert
Birth date: 19.04.95
Birthplace: Aalst te belgium
Nickname: Louis Heuwy douewy , loulou
How were you scouted: I was scouted by Veronique of Dominique Models when I left school one day. She was there to pick-up her daughter and asked to take some pictures. I was 14 but i waited before doing my first job.
What’s your best feature: I’m always smiling even if things are bad. My feet are on the ground and I keep cool-headed.
Favourite grooming product: Being myself
Hobbies: Hockey (Waterloo Ducks Hockey Club)
Fitness Regime: I don’t have one
Favourite Movie: Cool running
What was the last track you listened to on your iPod?: Maitre Gims – Jme ties
Do you have any Guilty Pleasures?: Pizza mmm
What is your biggest fear?: To lose everything
What is your dream country to visit?: Maldives
If you were not modeling, what would you be doing?: I would be playing high level hockey. I was actually in the Belgium U18 squad and played as second goalkeeper for the first team of my club -Waterloo Ducks… Belgium champions this season.
If you got to relive one day in your modeling career…: There’s not one day in particular. I wake up in Paris, eat in London, sleeping in NYC.. this is my dream and what makes this job very exciting!
If you could be on the cover of any magazine: Any cover would be amazing!
What’s your favorite fashion city and why?: New York because I love American people! Since I was little I wanted to live in NYC.
Who are your idols?: My girlfriend
What was the last dream you remember?: My girlfriend, little brother and father flew to NYC to assist one of my shows.
One word to describe yourself: Crazy or Smiler
Twitter name: @LouisSteyaert
Instagram name: @Louissteyaert1
How much money would you need to shave your hair off? For you it’s free!

ftape.com

Michael Bastian S/S 2014 New York

style.com via marcbarna

Richard Chai Love S/S 2014 New York

style.com via marcbarna

Designer Richard Chai prepares a model backstage at the Richard Chai Spring 2014 fashion show during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week at The Stage at Lincoln Center on September 5, 2013 in New York City. (September 4, 2013 - Source: Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images North America)
Richard+Chai+Backstage+Mercedes+Benz+Fashion+a5esbR3dYOFl.jpg

FINGERS CROSSED |RYU HAYAMA
SS2014 Menswear Collection
9.12.2013 5pm—6:30pm

Styling: David Vandewal|Art & Commerce

Casting & VISUAL TALES Magazine: John Tan|JTC Casting

Assistants to stylist: Tas Tobey; Bronwen Lam and Paul Burgo

Hair: David Von Cannon|Streeters
Makeup: Sil Bruinsma|Streeters

Public Relations: Joe Thiel|Thiel Consulting

Duane Street Hotel: Nicolas Daeppen & James Franz

Music: Alex Levin

Models:
Dylan River|Ford
Abiah Hostvedt|Citizen
Ian Sharp|Aim
Ben Allen|Select
Jeremy Matos|Citizen
Jakub Pastor|Fusion
Laurie Harding|Fusion
Paul Boche|Fusion
David Metcalfe|ReQuest
William Eustace|VNY
Louis Steyaert|VNY
Arthur Daniyarov|IMG
Taylor Cowan|Wilhelmina
Douglas Neitzke|Major
Frederik Ruegger|ReQuest
Andre Bona|ReQuest
Abel Van Oeveren|VNY
Arthur Gosse|VNY

johntancasting.blogspot.com

After being scouted in Brussels when he was 15, Louis Steyaert, who is signed with VNY, Ford Europe, SUPA, UNO, and Spin Models, is set to become one of the industry's next major forces. He has landed on models.com's Hot List after walking for Damir Doma, Dior Homme, Prada, Kenzo, and a favorite of Louis Vuitton (he's walked in several of their shows as an exclusive and appeared in the ICONS Capsule Collection lookbook). And in addition to gracing the pages of SSAW, Dazed & Confused, and i-D Magazine (among many others), he covered Vogue Italia's July 2013 issue. WE caught up with Louis and chatted about Vogue Italia, Louis Vuitton, shopping with his mom, and more ...

The Fashion Law – How old are you and what is your nationality?

Louis Steyaert – I'm 18 years old and I'm a Belgian one.

The Fashion Law – When were you scouted, and what was your first major job?

Louis Steyaert – I was discovered a few years ago leaving school after a normal day. I've been sitting in an agency since I was 15 years old without doing anything really, until the last season in January when I had my first big modeling job with Prada as an exclusive.

The Fashion Law – How do you think you're different from other models?

Louis Steyaert – I don't think I look different from the other models. We all look quite the same. Tall with shaped faces, but I think we all have different personalities. [Steyaert describes himself as positive and normal].

The Fashion Law – What has been the highlight of modeling for you so far? Is there a specific job you loved?

Louis Steyaert – I have loved every single job because its learning and getting experience. The most memorable job probably was shooting the cover story of Vogue Italia with Steven Meisel. Prada was my first show and that was amazing. Louis Vuitton was, too. Working For V-MAN and V-MAG with Tom van Dorpe is always a huge pleasure, too.

The Fashion Law – Do you think there are any downsides to modeling?

Louis Steyaert – I don't think that there are more downsides to modeling than there are with every other job. You know, its another world. You can't really talk about the fashion world if you're not in it because it is something really different. The fashion world is amazing!

The Fashion Law – Is there a particular designer or design house that you absolutely want to work with?

Louis Steyaert – I've been working with really big houses, which is what I was secretly dreaming about. I have worked with Kim Jones and Alister Mackie, with Mrs. Prada and Olivier Rizo, and with the Belgian Krisse Van Assche. I think now I'm secretly dreaming of Burberry, Topman and Marc Jacobs.

The Fashion Law – How do you spend your time when you are not working and traveling?

Louis Steyaert – I've been traveling quite a lot these last few months. When I'm in all of these different cities and I'm not working, I like to visit, pick up some of the culture and see some amazing architecture. Of course when I'm home, I spend time doing basics things: spending time with my little brother and my father, who always pushes me forward do to this job, and I go shopping with my mom. Sometimes getting back to reality is not bad.

The Fashion Law – What have you learned about the business of fashion from your work?

Louis Steyaert – I don't know if I can say much about the business of fashion cause its not really my job, but I've learned way more in 8 months of full-time modeling than in my 6 years of school. This may be because I was a bad child (lol). But thanks to modeling I've learned to handle everything by myself ... Traveling alone, working alone, organizing alone and keeping an eye on the money and not spending it everywhere is really, really important.

The Fashion Law – You were on the cover of Vogue Italia in July! (See above, far right)

Louis Steyaert – Yes, I was and I am really happy! When my agency in NYC (VNY) told me I would shoot for Vogue, I had honestly no idea what I was shooting and how important Vogue is. It wasn't until after the shoot that I realized I had worked with La crème de La crème. So, I am really happy, of course.

The Fashion Law – Aside from the Vogue cover, how was this past season for you?

Louis Steyaert – I did some shows and had the chance to work as exclusive with the amazing Vuitton house, which was amazing. I did some other ones, too, like Kenzo, Cerutti, and Melinda Gloss. It was a pretty good week for me in Paris. I did some good shoots so far with Odda in madrid and off course, Vogue, and The other magazine, which is coming out in September. I'm excited!

The Fashion Law – Where do you see yourself in the next several years?

Louis Steyaert – I don't know actually. I see myself just keeping working, trying to remain on a high level and we will see what happens after. I am hoping that I will make in onto [the models.com] Top 50 list really soon.

The Fashion Law – What are you obsessed with right now?

Louis Steyaert – I don't have a special obsession right now, aside from spending time with my little brother, friends, and girlfriend.

The Fashion Law – Last question ... What do you have planned for the rest of the summer?

Louis Steyaert – I have not planned any holidays. I'm going to London to work, and then after summer, in September, I'll be in NYC for Fashion Week.
fashion-law.org

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->