Louis Vuitton Mens S/S 2014 : Matthias Schoenaerts by Mikael Jansson

valerie

Reaction score
Here’s a Louis Vuitton S/S 14 campaign teaser starring Belgium’s finest actor Matthias Schoenaerts who was hand-picked by LV Menswear designer Kim Jones and shot by Mikael Jansson.

Matthias is set to be having an amazing year, starring in huge American productions like ‘Animal Rescue’ -next to the late great James Gandolfini- and “The Loft” : a remake of the Belgian blockbuster “Loft”.
Schermafbeelding-2014-01-05-om-18.44.31.png

http://knotoryus.com/

Recipe for a Louis Vuitton menswear campaign: pensive stubbly man in extreme climates wearing 10k+ worth of clothing...?? I don't understand why the Louis Vuitton man is perpetually camping/on an adventure... this should be a Barbour ad or North Face catalogue or something. The activities portrayed in the campaigns are seriously unbelievable when you're in such expensive clothing. I have always enjoyed the charm of the LV travel spirit especially in Angelina Jolie's Cambodia photos but the menswear shots are always so dull and silly. I would love to see something simpler and with variation. Imagine how good the clothes would look in the e zenga or zzenga spring 2013 campaign concept... just a thought!

Matthias! :woot: I loved him in Rust and Bone.

That aside, I'm so tired of these outdoor/landscape LV campaigns. Would it hurt to change it up a bit?

6mprrBO.jpg

KH9K1Fl.jpg

GETTING OUTSIDE: Louis Vuitton tapped “Rust and Bone” star Matthias Schoenaerts for its spring-summer men’s campaign, breaking in a range of February titles starting Jan. 15.

The Belgian actor, who will soon be seen opposite Michelle Williams in “Suite Française” traveled to the Glen Canyon dam in Arizona for the shoot, dovetailing with the American road trip theme of the collection by Kim Jones, men’s studio and style director.

Photographer Mikael Jansson shot the ads, a first for Vuitton, which is slated to show its fall-winter collection in Paris on Jan. 16.
wwd.com

I actually love this. It's the same concept over and over again, but it works for me. And those jackets are just stunning.

Love the landscapes, but not this campaign. And I don't like this collection, doesn't say luxe to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->