Louis Vuitton Mens S/S 2016 Paris

marcBarna

Reaction score
Louis-Vuitton-Menswear-SS16-Paris-5505-1435243500-bigthumb.jpg

nowfashion.com

Love the colours and the embroidery is beautiful. :wub:

If those silk baseball coats w/ embroidered Asian motifs aren't a bold, blatant rip-off of somebody else's previous work, I must be deaf, dumb, and blind.

wow! this is one of the best shows he's done yet!!! i loved it, great music as well and the set lighting is beautiful

Stop trying to make satin, embroidered baseball jackets happen, you bunch of Gretchens.

I get that shiny Hawaiian shirts and multi-color embroidered satin jackets may look fresh to some, but it didn't look new when Miuccia did it a couple summers ago, and it definitely doesn't look fresh now to me.

I guess the bags are doing so well they can just dump any mess on the runway... The leather jackets are nice...

Aww I expected better Kim Jones. Been seeing too many embroidered cranes & dragons this season. Desperate for that Asian money aren't they?

^ China isn't buying "being China" stuffs, don't get what their purpose is.
And Kim is better with his traveling shoes on, just stop going back to the 80s.

80s? This whole collection is based around the "souvenir jacket", which originated in Japan in the 40s. Prada referenced the same thing for SS14, as did Valentino yesterday. It isn't like Kim Jones is going after Asian money or copying other designers - there's a historical and specific geographical basis to the jacket and embroidery.

80s? This whole collection is based around the "souvenir jacket", which originated in Japan in the 40s. Prada referenced the same thing for SS14, as did Valentino yesterday. It isn't like Kim Jones is going after Asian money or copying other designers - there's a historical and specific geographical basis to the jacket and embroidery.

Didn't realize it was the souvenir jacket, thanks for the info. Kim always does 80s and 90s stuffs, and those satin pieces happened to give me that 80s feeling. Also it's quite obvious everyone works on the China/Asia inspiration after Anna announced the MET Gala theme.

Knew it was only a matter of time before we saw such a blatant rip-off of Alessandro Michele's Gucci, the big oriental embroideries, the calligraphy like stitching. why why those shiny baseball jackets? This is absolutely horrendous, those collars/scarves around the neck sealed the deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avann
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->