Louis Vuitton Menswear S/S 2025 Paris

I can imagine Pharrel briefs his design team like "Yo guys, look, look, look! I want something nice (short pause) and expensive". Then all he needs to do is to say yes or no to the assignments handed in.
I don't see any difference between him and the guy hired by Brioni at one point, Justin O'Shea. Luxury for them is basics with expensive fabric and rhinestone/diamond embroidery. These many looks to parade their wealth nonstop with no humour are suffocating to me.
Also, Pharrel usually has a key eye for bags, but for this one, I don't see anything that has the potential to become the next 'Look I am richer than you' bag.

This post needs to be stickied.

I still find the wheeling of the trunks to be a bizarre choice to make for the runway presentation. Such a "fashion victim trophy hunter showoff" kind of look, something Jeffree Star or the like would do for content. Rich people showing off that they're rich to prove as a rich person they have "taste" because their money proves that they have what they think is "taste". Like the MET Gala, really.

The quality of those "fur" pieces look flammable. Watching Pharrell in the stream and seeing him in a still is also pretty cringe inducing.

"fashion victim trophy hunter showoff"
exactly made for them and bought by them. Basically LV men is becoming a hypebeast collector's dream. Wait till he collabs with someone for a limited edition diamond duffels. and honestly because of Ghesquires real fashion propositions, their menswear can afford to do this and people will eat it up.

exactly made for them and bought by them. Basically LV men is becoming a hypebeast collector's dream. Wait till he collabs with someone for a limited edition diamond duffels. and honestly because of Ghesquires real fashion propositions, their menswear can afford to do this and people will eat it up.
Was it not already with Virgil the assignment to be huber hype beast since the Supreme drop they learned it works for the mens to target this audience on the top level.

I'm sorry but your blind hatred is affecting your ability to see. He overdelivered.
Pharrell has been a well-dressed individual for at least 2 decades now, daring for a man even from back then. that's one advantage for a stylist CD.

He clearly knows he's not a real designer, because he's a steady consumer of designers' fashion throughout his career and knowing his music career a bit, i understand he's a very measured person. What he shows here you cannot say is sloppily made. Let's ignore the show/production angle: the execution is there and the edit is precise. Every aspect is well layered to work for a common theme. Its aim is to sell. Vapid, sure, from a puritanical fashion perspective. Corporate is a stretch, doubt any dude in the office dares to be this fly yet... someone says its a "hip hop" collection. erms if anything the first quarter's portion/ first 20 looks is a luxe take on modern 70s jazz soul wardrobe for someone who enjoys Ray Charles or Al Green. Nothing hip hop about it. The silk chemises with bows, the fur, the athleisures and velvet tracksuits, from silver earrings to vinyl outerwears and berets... is all borrowed from the aspirational black man in America's wardrobe. That man is a collage of multi figures in films and history from Harlem to Chicago, and he is instantly recognizable to many people. Pharrell upgraded that look. If anything, this is a laser focused take on black luxury: built on the very solid ground of his culture. For people like him, style is a community value. It's noticeably un-bling-bling for a black musician's collection.

If you're able to put aside the fact that he's Pharrell (i'm sure he's very aware of the animosity of his appointment) and look at it just as a collection with your usual analytical eye, you'd think he outdid himself this time and rose to the occasion. The stakes are high for him too, he obviously has something to prove. I have a feeling that his next collection is going to be even better. A performer at his level knows you don't get to disappoint on a big stage.

Anyway, for what it's worth, it's a LV menswear show. not the main LV show. so there's that.

Quite a boring parade of product that became tiresome to get through.

It really feels like a stylist with no skill or ideas in regards to construction and finishing “directed” this collection. This is very dumbed down clothing, not saying it’s undesirable because I think it’s perfectly serviceable and ready to sell but it leaves me feeling…empty. He proves that he has taste but I wish he would push himself a bit more. It’s very safe. The collection is soulless and I’m sure I will enjoy it better on the racks browsing at the boutique, but I’m not an LV rtw buyer really. I’m interested in Nicholas runway propositions, usually the pants but I’m a bodybuilder so sizing is an issue and thankfully my wallet is safe

I loved it and I think Pharrell is doing everything that the Arnault's want him to do with Vuitton. For people to feel anything anti about these collections- get real, Vuitton is the most commercial label in all of fashion thus its dominance. The showmanship, the promos leading up to the show, the guest list- this is a Louis Vuitton show. Expecting that Vuitton would do a show different than any of this is a bit absurd. I liked the all-black looks at the front end but didn't think it was necessary to group them all together. I am not sure what that sequencing was looking to achieve.

Its ok overall, too corporate and vapid for my taste BUT there are some really nice pieces ngl , it also felt like Marc Jacobs ghost designed this loool ( obviosly he did not ), it feels pseudo Marc to me. My fav look was this and I think the fitted jacket cardigan rendered in wool or sweater fabrics with the loose pants is a look which many young men can wear. If this jacket was in Mink ah lawd , I would buy it !

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glowup
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->