Louise Gray S/S 08 London

SomethingElse

Press escape to continue.
Reaction score
1-2.jpg
2-1-2.jpg

The Designer: Born in Aberdeenshire, Scotland, Louise Gray studied design and textiles at Glasgow School of Art specializing in embroidery followed by an MA at Central Saint Martin’s; scooping up awards as she went. Her MA graduation collection in Spring 2007, inspired by surrealism and the burlesque dancers of the forties played on their almost comical embellishments that concealed or revealed the body. Here her signature trompe l’oeil embroideries on multi-layered chiffon were shown to perfection. She has worked on a freelance basis for Lanvin, Paris, and Peter Jensen. For Summer 2008 debut at Fashion East, her starting point is optical illusion, bold colour, suspension and weight, and lots of originality.

Fashion East: Directed by Lulu Kennedy, was launched in September 2000 to give emerging talent an opportunity to show their collections on the runway during London Fashion Week. Each season three womenswear designers, selected by an industry panel, are chosen to take part in a joint show. Fashion East is an Old Truman Brewery initiative also sponsored by Topshop. This season House of Holland, Louise Gray and Noki have been chosen to show their collections. Past winners include Emma Cook, Jonathan Saunders, Jens Laugesen, Richard Nicoll, Gareth Pugh and Marios Schwab.

nymag.com . londonfashionweek.co.uk

this deserves no place on the catwalk...

do these people receive no education when studying their degree's or something?

a collection as weak as that, going down the runway, with all the costs involved...pure waste of capital

external nipple tassles, no thanks :sick::lol: I dont like this at all.

Shame all that education didn't pay off. I certainly don't see a connection to Lanvin. Jensen perhaps.

i think the little appliques are interesting..
i wish i could see it closer though
they seem like beads and things

I do agree that it looks a bit tacky, but I would like to see detail images. Some of the little decorations seem interesting and quite delicate, but I can't tell from these photos.

doesnt look that bad to me... except for what looks like the orange chiffon jumpsuit..

looks like lots of interesting, small, details. none of which we can really see.

not sure about the hair, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adrianadrima
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->