MAN Mens S/S 08 London

SomethingElse

Press escape to continue.
Reaction score
Man, an initiative of Fashion East and TOPMAN, aims at giving young progressive menswear designers an opportunity to show on the LFW schedule. Designers selected by an industry panel present their collections on the catwalk. This season Aitor Throup, Cassette Playa and KJ by Kim Jones will show alongside the TOPMAN Design Collection.

KJ by KIM JONES: British Menswear Designer of the year Kim Jones enjoys a cult status for his refined casual clothing, first showed in 2003 at LFW after graduating with MA Menswear from Central St Martins. He went on to show in Paris, and last season in New York. Feted for taking sports brand Umbro to a more fashion forward customer base with Umbro by Kim Jones, he now offers a diffusion of his mainline collection to take his clothing to a wider audience.

AITOR THROUP: Argentinian born British raised Throup graduated from the Royal College of Art in 2006. He came to fashion via illustration, which remains his starting point. First he draws the character and his clothes then creates the clothes themselves. His fascination is the anatomy of the body; closely followed by functionality he describes as justified design. The cutting edge menswear magazines rate him highly. He shows with MAN for the second time. (portrait of Aitor Throup by Ben Weller)

CASSETTE PLAYA: Designed by Carrie Mundane, Cassette Playa is best known for her new gen digital breakdown of graphic prints on laid-back street-wear, tracksuits and T-shirts. No reference escapes her inventive pixelated eye whether its tribal art, symbolism, cartoons or internet message boards. Her clothes are sold at Dover Street Market, Kokon to Zaiand Pineal Eye in London, as well as Side by Side in Tokyo,Seven in New York and Ksubi in Australia and shortly on-line through: cassetteplaya.com.

TOPMAN DESIGN: The collection was launched in Autumn/Winter 2005 and is headed by Design Director Gordon Richardson. The collection designed by the in-house team, is an exclusive range that offers more individual design-led pieces to the increasingly savvy Topman customer. Originally sold only at their London Oxford Circus and Manhester stores it now boasts a prime concession at Selfridges, an outlet at Harajuku’s Laforet Mall in Tokyo and Opening Ceremony in NY.

londonfashionweek.co.uk

11163.png
11164.png

11165.png
11166.png

11167.png
11168.png

londonfashionweek.co.uk

11187.png
11188.png

11189.png
11190.png

11191.png
11193.png

londonfashionweek.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:
i think there were some strong pieces in there from kim

Throup's collection is bad. The hoodies were the only part where I was like "hm, that's nice."

The topman collection is nice.

^ Word. The girl is obviously not talented, I mean...when is she going to actually develop?

Throup wasn't astounding but there was one jacket that was just sculpturally and beautifully robust. Overall the images of the collection conveyed it as a little...flat.

K.Jones was so-so, I still feel there's a small, actually, rather gaping hole missing in his design but then again, maybe I just don't dig his aesthetic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->