Luar F/W 2023.24 New York

He doesn't really deserve all of your guys's toxicity.

He's one of the sweetest people I know and he's trying his best.

He comes from absolutely nothing and he's worked his butt off to get where he is.

I don't at all Iike his clothes but he does make a concerted effort to improve.

I do worry that his ego might be getting inflated but there's nothing I can do about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also the idea that you should disrupt anything in fashion lol: fashion is a suburban mall at this point, just a bunch of old, meaningless chains and the sad businesses that want to be like the chains (cough.. this). The most revolutionary thing anyone can do right now is to build and create and to do so outside the established parameters (including the fashion week AND show templates).. to understand it and yet reject it completely, but the idea alone is too scandalous and turns anyone into a diehard conservative because.. actual hard work + they’d get busted.
This haunts me. And to be honest this show did provoke me LOL it drove me a little crazy. Sent me into orbit in fact. The general vibe out there of not wanting to dig deep. Not wanting to feel. Not wanting to think. All the content being put out that we're supposed to work less and be lazy. Oh capitalism is destroying us I'm supposed to be a queen mama I should not be working. I should be laying in bed all day scrolling thru TikTok boots the house down slay and on occasion taking a photo in this ridiculous *** outfit for all my fellow ******* to affirm me on. News flash yes capitalism f*cking sucks *** but work and effort does not disappear under any other way of living. Put down your f*cking phone. Read a BOOK. Take a WALK. FEEL. SOMETHING. It's not like this season is different from any other but the parades and parades of ugliness under the guise of being radical or reformative (?) in tandem with the oversexed depressed low-effort prostitutes and lolitas are tapping into my frontal lobe like an icepick year by year. How can you ever in any any any capacity cry for your oppression with such a horrifically banal artistic response. I'm literally shaking. "Why can't you just let people like things" okay fine I'll just embrace the cerebral atrophy I don't care I'm about to get washed away with the acid rain from Ohio anyways.

Yeah it’s a problem if you find the current establishment too incompetent that you feel the need to skip any presentation and directly cater ubereats-style.

Theatricality, music, spectacle, commentary, showmanship, arts involvement, etc are not exclusive at all of the current monopoly established by some corrupt gatekeeper committee in each of the four main cities. You also don’t need a ‘a trail’ of 65 looks, or to even think in ‘collection’ terms, let alone rely on ‘ambassadors’, give any meaning to a ‘front row’ which suggests seats.. and, why seats really? haha why are you limiting movement among the audience?. Art, industrial design, other similar expos and fairs for other similar showings, they move cities and allow visitors to move as well and definitely do not show as a series of parades lmao. Do I have a specific idea in mind? no, because there shouldn’t be one but to use an example of someone who’s lately been able to override some of this is Olivier.. it remains ‘magical’ but he doesn’t really need the parade, collection and sitting audience format and definitely not models. And I say ‘some’ because he still needs to show in Paris and complies with the calendar.. you can’t go too wild on your own. It needs to be a solid collective that openly shuns the system but that it also challenges and demoralizes it (so showing in some filthy warehouse/nightclub/restaurant is not it either lol..).

This won’t come from anyone of the currently employed generations anyway. Maybe with the children of millennials..

Oh god, Mullet-- it's not that bad LOL ...There are still worthy and exceptional talents scattered about...

No one is expecting the corporations will ever cease to not optimize profit margins by exploiting every on-trend venue, so not quite sure if the system is even slightly challenged at this point. And no one is expecting the brand of shows that were the singular, world-transporting visions of McQueen/Gaultier/Galliano at their imperial rule again: This is just not that era. Just the reasonable standards of a strong cast, masterclass construction of designs and intelligent styling, and an individual POV (and you can argue that even these presentations with their middle-school level of aesthetics have a POV. But, where are the technical standards?). When Olivier Theyskens bothered (could afford..?) to present, his very simple and intimate production of just a hallway with a cast of introverted waifs was more than enough to inspire a dream; same with Grace Wales Bonner’s latest show; and when Galliano debuted at Margiela, the simplicity, sparsity and minimalist white runway with teh grand white doorways was classic Galliano in all its allure and idiosyncrasy with its graphic styling, couturey designs and distinctively dramatic sensibility. Such highest of standards, and yet still simplistic of prevention doesn’t require another generation to be discovered LOL People just need to hold high standards again— and remember to dream again. Because reality bites and doesn’t need to be anywhere a part of the fashion dream. (…Totally corny but that’s what high fashion is about: A glamorous dream).
He doesn't really deserve all of your guys's toxicity.

He's one of the sweetest people I know and he's trying his best.

He comes from absolutely nothing and he's worked his butt off to get where he is.

I don't at all Iike his clothes but he does make a concerted effort to improve.

I do worry that his ego might be getting inflated but there's nothing I can do about that.

Ego is a b!tch.

Some of us here also come from nothing (and more than others could possibly imagined) as well. And that doesn’t entitled us to anything— nor deserving of whatever we're passionately dedicated our tears/blood/sweat to because we came from “nothing" and really really really want it. He doesn’t either; more so since as you’ve mentioned he’s been working on this since he was 17yo— and apparently his technical skills still resemble that 17yo’s… It’s not toxicity: When anyone puts their work out there for everyone to buy, then they will be judged. Especially when ego seems to dominate over dedicated technical skills and rich creativity. Personal emotions don’t triumph over cold, hard facts: He’s just not a good designer.

Oh god, Mullet-- it's not that bad LOL ...There are still worthy and exceptional talents scattered about...

No one is expecting the corporations will ever cease to not optimize profit margins by exploiting every on-trend venue, so not quite sure if the system is even slightly challenged at this point. And no one is expecting the brand of shows that were the singular, world-transporting visions of McQueen/Gaultier/Galliano at their imperial rule again: This is just not that era. Just the reasonable standards of a strong cast, masterclass construction of designs and intelligent styling, and an individual POV (and you can argue that even these presentations with their middle-school level of aesthetics have a POV. But, where are the technical standards?). When Olivier Theyskens bothered (could afford..?) to present, his very simple and intimate production of just a hallway with a cast of introverted waifs was more than enough to inspire a dream; same with Grace Wales Bonner’s latest show; and when Galliano debuted at Margiela, the simplicity, sparsity and minimalist white runway with teh grand white doorways was classic Galliano in all its allure and idiosyncrasy with its graphic styling, couturey designs and distinctively dramatic sensibility. Such highest of standards, and yet still simplistic of prevention doesn’t require another generation to be discovered LOL People just need to hold high standards again— and remember to dream again. Because reality bites and doesn’t need to be anywhere a part of the fashion dream. (…Totally corny but that’s what high fashion is about: A glamorous dream).

Ego is a b!tch.

Some of us here also come from nothing (and more than others could possibly imagined) as well. And that doesn’t entitled us to anything— nor deserving of whatever we're passionately dedicated our tears/blood/sweat to because we came from “nothing" and really really really want it. He doesn’t either; more so since as you’ve mentioned he’s been working on this since he was 17yo— and apparently his technical skills still resemble that 17yo’s… It’s not toxicity: When anyone puts their work out there for everyone to buy, then they will be judged. Especially when ego seems to dominate over dedicated technical skills and rich creativity. Personal emotions don’t triumph over cold, hard facts: He’s just not a good designer.

Sometimes there is a hint of glee in your cattiness. Not yours exactly but on this board in general.

Myself not excluded.

A lot of it comes from the fact that none of us have to take ownership over what we say. Of course that's the point. But as someone who knows Raul personally I would tell you that your attacks are misdirected. Or at least spend your energy elsewhere and let the pigs eat their filth.

I don't really disagree with anything any of you have said.

Such highest of standards, and yet still simplistic of prevention doesn’t require another generation to be discovered LOL People just need to hold high standards again— and remember to dream again.

not toxicity: When anyone puts their work out there for everyone to buy, then they will be judged. Especially when ego seems to dominate over dedicated technical skills and rich creativity. Personal emotions don’t triumph over cold, hard facts: He’s just not a good designer.
Sorry I chopped your post in a weird way, I’m in a rush and should reply later but doing it now cause gotta be always late right?: it’s not about the ‘discovery’ of a generation but simply generational movement and social conditioning. No one is going to ‘remember’ to dream. Memory is an circuit, you can’t remember and then somehow recreate conditions like you said because conditons can’t be recreated. You can only do it in a parallel and we are in a system that only allows to be that experimental with less compromise (late teens-20s).. some middle aged man like Demna or some Demna assistant, or anyone past 30 for that matter, is not going to be it lol, not being ageist, it’s just capitalism, you have limited time for experimentation.

Also YES to that bolded part- see, that’s another generational thing that can’t be ‘undone’ with the same characters, criticism (formal or informal) is seen as sabotage. No questions or minimal critical thinking is the only way..

Trying hard not to be a b*itch but just.. where’s my smallest violin for an upbringing in New York City. The struggle!!

^^^ Thank you Mullet for your exceptional skills in deciphering my post, that I’ve noticed had some words auto-corrected so that it makes little sense: meant to write “presentations” and not “prevention”… LOL…eh…

Sometimes there is a hint of glee in your cattiness. Not yours exactly but on this board in general.

Myself not excluded.

A lot of it comes from the fact that none of us have to take ownership over what we say. Of course that's the point. But as someone who knows Raul personally I would tell you that your attacks are misdirected. Or at least spend your energy elsewhere and let the pigs eat their filth.

I don't really disagree with anything any of you have said.

LOL fair enough. However, no cattiness, glee or attack intended— just a matter of bluntness. I actually made an effort to word my reply to your post sensitively since you’ve clearly made it personal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duckyjeanjo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->