Lutz Huelle F/W 2020.21 Paris

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by donyan, May 23, 2020 at 8:35 AM.

1. donyan

donyan Active Member

Hadn't seen a thread for this. I like it but it's very commercial, maybe too much so. On second thoughts it might have been the right collection to have done at this moment in time
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

vogue runway

2. donyan

donyan Active Member

3. jeanclaude

jeanclaude Well-Known Member

His t-shirt tutorials are more creative than this...

depordetioz, Lola701 and Benn98 like this.
  4. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

It’s like a best-off of the best-sellers....
    It’s one of those collections that screams « I’m selling and I need to sell ». Those disco-ball pants are great tho.

Let’s hope that they will be produced.

5. tricotineacetat

tricotineacetat Well-Known Member

I appreciate designers like Lutz or Christian Wijnants who are showing the pieces they are actually selling on their runways - I feel for the actual person they are dressing, these great clothes to have in their wardrobes, like a good dress or jacket, on top of that, priced at the right price point, which is something that a lot of designers to whom the runway is more a display of showmanship often fail at, once it comes to clothes the shops are actually ordering (as much as I enjoy Theyskens, but I can't help but feel this applies to him a lot).

donyan, Koibito and Lola701 like this.
  6. tricotineacetat

tricotineacetat Well-Known Member

Some years ago, when Veronique Branquinho attempted a comeback with Gibo as her new production liscensee, they made a huge mistake thinking they could market her on a much higher pricepoint and with her producing runway collections that were not in tune with her audience, which to my understanding, is somebody with a similar mindset as Lutz', Wijnants' and even Dries van Noten's - Customers who want clothes that provide them with easy wardrobe solutions without and who probably don't want to be seen in 'That Dress' that has been seen in any magazine and worn by every celebrity before it even hit the shop. I try keep this in mind when I look at such a runway and think there is a place and rightfulness to that way of designing, and yes, also to put that on a runway.

donyan and Lola701 like this.
  7. donyan

donyan Active Member

good point ! My first reaction on seeing this was that it was not up to his usual standard of creativity , but looking again there are so many pieces I would wear here. It gets better on further inspection. Also his explanation on Insta about favourite pieces helps