Lutz Huelle F/W 2020.21 Paris

donyan

Reaction score
Hadn't seen a thread for this. I like it but it's very commercial, maybe too much so. On second thoughts it might have been the right collection to have done at this moment in time
_ALE0005.jpg

_ALE0021.jpg

_ALE0034.jpg

_ALE0052.jpg

_ALE0074.jpg

_ALE0089.jpg

_ALE0100.jpg

_ALE0116.jpg

_ALE0128.jpg

_ALE0142.jpg

_ALE0153.jpg

_ALE0162.jpg

_ALE0174.jpg

_ALE0183.jpg

vogue runway

His t-shirt tutorials are more creative than this...
It’s like a best-off of the best-sellers....
It’s one of those collections that screams « I’m selling and I need to sell ». Those disco-ball pants are great tho.

Let’s hope that they will be produced.

I appreciate designers like Lutz or Christian Wijnants who are showing the pieces they are actually selling on their runways - I feel for the actual person they are dressing, these great clothes to have in their wardrobes, like a good dress or jacket, on top of that, priced at the right price point, which is something that a lot of designers to whom the runway is more a display of showmanship often fail at, once it comes to clothes the shops are actually ordering (as much as I enjoy Theyskens, but I can't help but feel this applies to him a lot).

Some years ago, when Veronique Branquinho attempted a comeback with Gibo as her new production liscensee, they made a huge mistake thinking they could market her on a much higher pricepoint and with her producing runway collections that were not in tune with her audience, which to my understanding, is somebody with a similar mindset as Lutz', Wijnants' and even Dries van Noten's - Customers who want clothes that provide them with easy wardrobe solutions without and who probably don't want to be seen in 'That Dress' that has been seen in any magazine and worn by every celebrity before it even hit the shop. I try keep this in mind when I look at such a runway and think there is a place and rightfulness to that way of designing, and yes, also to put that on a runway.

I appreciate designers like Lutz or Christian Wijnants who are showing the pieces they are actually selling on their runways - I feel for the actual person they are dressing, these great clothes to have in their wardrobes, like a good dress or jacket, on top of that, priced at the right price point, which is something that a lot of designers to whom the runway is more a display of showmanship often fail at, once it comes to clothes the shops are actually ordering (as much as I enjoy Theyskens, but I can't help but feel this applies to him a lot).
good point ! My first reaction on seeing this was that it was not up to his usual standard of creativity , but looking again there are so many pieces I would wear here. It gets better on further inspection. Also his explanation on Insta about favourite pieces helps

Absolutely. Designers need to work for common people, not for those with bags of money, and the wise ones really make their runways for the shops to order the new clothes so to meet the demands. This doesn't mean the shops should sell the pieces of high fashion cheap. Those who can afford them, will benefit greatly and will love the authors. Then people like me and you can wait until the big sales to get and wear the haut couture clothes. If they aren't out of date that time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waffleninja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->