Madame Figaro July 5, 2024 : Naomi Campbell by Joseph Degbadjo

This is sort of AI Naomi, but I don't hate it.
I admire her fierce determination, to never cede one inch of her throne.
She'll be slaying in her 80's.

She doesn't even look like a model here. She has either lost it or is too lazy to even do the bare minimum.

Is this a joke???
- She doesn't look at the camera
- She doesn't pose
- The photo even have some things from the photography set
- The clothes look like something from Shein
- And someone ''literally'' got paid to STYLE ?? Some basic fake leather-ish jacket and some leggins with a Chanel belt??? ahahahahah OMFG I can't ahahahaha :lol::sick::rofl:

LA FEMME MODE
Photography:
Joseph Degbadjo
Styling: Leïla Smara
Hair: Kiril Vasilev
Make-up: Esther Edeme
Model: Naomi Campbell

Madame Figaro Digital Edition

looks like a random backstage snapshot, not even a posed pic? definitely too much retouching though. Both irl and to the pic.

She's successfully overexposed herself as a Super. It's like she's just doing the bookings to do them. I know she had her exhibit at the V&A or whatever, but still. She shoves her presence down our throats. She needs better pacing and more selective approach with her bookings. She's always around, so it makes it less special.

She’s been heavily associated with Chanel for some months now. I wonder if she has a campaign coming up. Or maybe she’s Virginie’s replacement. Just kidding.

Madame Figaro is not really a fashion magazine though. She's here promoting her V&A show, so I suppose she wants to be taken more seriously in a way. Not as a poser ( à la Coco Rocha, what with 1000 pose/m or whatever )

I don't think any fashion model has achieved what she has. That in itself is an achievement, no? She somehow has been able to put a modeling career next to some of the biggest art in the world. What she's doing gives the modeling profession prestige. Unlike Linda who came out crying to Hello mag (saying this I of course think Linda's work has 0 competition) Naomi manages to always keep her head high in every circumstance which is very modelesque imo. She's very smart in the sense that she keeps every scrap of thank you note, has a personal anecdote on every garment she's given by designers, every footage (that Mandela visit is basically her KOL at this point) and really made use of it. I think people don't understand her yet because she's really ahead of the game. For every cultural icon there's a good archivist / copywriter behind them. She's her own.

I like how she holds her space & her perseverance. Some bad photoshoots in her 50's can't take away thousands of stellar works she's had in the past.

90s girls are fascinating. Linda remains untouchable (except by a bad surgeon). Christy takes up health icon status. Naomi chose to be a monument. Kate ends up taking care of hers & her friends' kids with an agency. They're all being their authentic selves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
makeartmake
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->