Last edited by a moderator:
forgot to add I will translate an interview from Elle soon

Ah, another Polish model I :heart: !

Anna Rita N advertisement with Nina Oord

bwgreyscale.com

Verrier s/s07

getty

Last edited by a moderator:
I've bought the Elle magazine today! I love this girl! She's so ambitious and modeling isn't the most important in her life. I was impressed when I had read that she didn't want to be a "full time model" beacause of her scholl, and the facts that she has an international exams and she is/was studying an architecture in France are just WOW!:woot::woot::heart:

And Amelia what about her interview in the current Elle? You've said that you'll do it, but if you want I can translate it.:flower:

POLISH ELLE SEPTEMBER 2006

Magda Frąckowiak - Polish topmodel rocks New York

Specially for Polish Elle edition Gilles Bensimon has photographed Magda Frąckowiak.
Magda is rocking New York now. She was sixteen when she was signed to prestigous model agency Next. Instead of moving to Paris she was studing in high school in Gdańsk. She set out when she had an international exams in her pocket.

Elle: Your first fee?
Magda Frąckowiak: it was very nominal- 200 zł I think(It's about 64 dollars). It was for a session for "Machina" magazine. I was in high school. I completely don't remember what I spend it on. I earned first "real" money a year later. During the winter break I went to Tokyo for a session to some catalogues and magazines. When I came back home in the first place I went shopping. It was a cheereful day. I've bought a new jeans and my mum got a new bag. After that we went to bank and my mum opened an account for me. It was a Junior account.
Elle: During yuor all high school education you've been working only in breaks between lessons. You could live in Paris or New York..
Magda F:I was sixteen when my mum send my photo for a contest organised by some agency in Warsaw. I won it and I met Darek Kumosa from Model Plus agency. He send me to paris for so-called tests. It was something like screen test. They were taken to show how I look in different poses. They come out really great...
Elle:And a question has appeared:What next....
Magda F: To be honest I haven't been thinking about it at all. I graduated to second class of high school and it was abvious for me and my parents that school is the most important.
Departures for couples of months, shows, full-time working were out of question. I was working during holidays or school breaks. It was very rare for me to leave couple days in school. darek called me and said about shows and sessions and how long will it lasts. I discussed it with my parents and then, together, we made decision. Everyday I had a normal teenager's life: I was participating in all lessons, writing classroom test, exams and relentlessly studying English. What I was dreaming about then? About going to a good univeristy in the United States an studying architecture.
Elle: You was very reasonable girl.
Magda F: There are more and more girls nowdays that are like 15, 16 and the're working full time. Young age is really taking into account. I didn't have a willingness for that. I didn't fell that it's necessary for my happiness. Also in the agnecy nobody forced me to anything. darek has never told me - even if he thought so (laughing)- that I'm loosing my chance, that I'm wasting. I think that when you're sixteen you've no idea about life, world. In this age you're looking for you own identity. Lots of dangerous thing are lurking on young girls. Being alone , far form home, parent and friends. Fast tempo, stress and temptations could have a wrong influence on me. I'm really happy that I haven't started too early.
Elle: You've left just after exams.
Magda F: First of all I passed some extra exams, international esams and national from English. I send my paper to Columbia University , but, unfortunately, I didn't get a schoolarshio. I could afford on so expensive univeristy. I decide to go to Francr. I went to an American university, there. I was studying architecture. I earned money for life working as a model, of course. For the first time I felt that I'm mature, that I'm ready to work as a model for a full time. I started in New York.

I'll translate the rest tomorrow. I'm too tired now.

kasik, honey! Thank you so much! :kiss:

Here's Magda backstage at Charlotte Ronson show for spring/summer 2007 in N.Y :buzz:

1ml7.jpg

[abaca press]

Hey, she really rocks in NY!!!!!!!

At Jenni Kayne :flower:

1sh9.jpg
2cm8.jpg

[still the same source]

Magdalena is unbelievable on the catwalk :woot:
Jenni Kayne Spring 2007

style.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics