Maison Martin Margiela S/S 2015 Paris

It's not genius as it used to be but good thing is people are related to the brand.

Is it only me or does anyone else also feel that this is a better version of what Dior presented earlier in the day?

I kind of like this. When looking at original Margiela collections I often got this "eww, I wouldn't want to touch this person" kind of feeling because of the weird materials, creepy styling, etc :lol: And for some reason I get a similar vibe here, there's something very fascinating about how the nude colored fabrics were used and how the pieces were constructed and layered. This is pretty good.

I don't know the model's name so it's hard for me to point it out without quoting the pic, but that komono-esque one, thigh slit on the left leg, with the cherry blossom print and the obi/sash is my favorite look. So many designers try to reinvent traditional Asian garb and it just comes off as custome-y. That one is legitimately cool, modern, beautiful. The asymmetrical skirts are like cleaner, more sophisticated versions of the lady-of-the-night wear that designers like Versace and Vaccarello send out.

Balzy was the right fit as head designer. I like the silhouettes he cuts, his eye for detail, and just his overall good taste. I think I'll end up being a big fan of his.

yeah i don't care for this...looks like every other generic NYC collection.

Vêtements is Margiela. label are labels. emotions ,feelings, ideologies aren't necessarily attached to something we think they are attached to. they could possibly be in a different guise

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ktkees1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->