Making My Own Black Fur Boots....

Kimkhuu

Reaction score
I saw the other day a pair of black FAKE fur boots I really wanted, but it was way overpriced. I was thinking of doing my own. Here's what I am planning to do: buy a pair of casual flat boots that are not made too high, and with a round end. Then buy glue, black fur (at a textile store!?!?!?) and a not too large black rope.

So what I'd do is basically stick the fur all around the shoe (and maybe some sewing) and tie the rope a bit around.

Do you think it would work? Any suggestions?

I don't know how the glue idea would work. Why not make a pair of leg warmers to pull over the boots. I couldn't attach the pic, but Anna Sui has a pattern on voguepatterns.com with the leg warmers. I would try that out and then wrap the rope around the leg warmers.

i like both ideas...

i don't seee why it wouldn't work kimkhuuu....give it a shot... :flower: :heart:

i love the idea.
it sounds wonderful...very dioresque.
i want a pair now :lol:

I think it would work, it may just time a lot of time to fiddle around with it. If you are using a synthetic fur be careful because the backing is knitted so will stretch. In regards to glue maybe use a repositional spray adhesive to get it right and cut it then a hot glue gun to secure it and and rope?

try a handyman's glue that is meant for gluing together different types of material (so the suede/leather and faux fur material will attatch correctly and not fall off). Hot glue may not be such a good idea for the enitre shoe... try and find something that when it dries it is quite flexible, so that the glue doesn't crack and the faux fur seperate from the underlying boot.

Sounds like an interesting project, Kimkhuu, let us know how it works out. :flower:

Get your hands on some glue called Petronio ... It's a permanant bond often used to glue soles onto shoes and with leather and things.. yea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReneeJ
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->