Marc Jacobs F/W 2023.24 : Kim Kardashian by Tyrone Lebon

All brands need exposure in order to be truly profitable, and this has been the case since the days of Gigi and Kendall, so it’s no shock.

Can't wait for the major point of The Kardashians new season being if Kim should do this photoshoot or not...:expressionless:

Whatever happened to Brand Loyalty? Nobody sticks with the same brand for more than a season anymore.

All brands need exposure in order to be truly profitable, and this has been the case since the days of Gigi and Kendall, so it’s no shock.
There r so many brands that are much bigger than Gigi and Kendall. Luxury buyers are tend not to be Kendall and Gigi followers.

There r so many brands that are much bigger than Gigi and Kendall. Luxury buyers are tend not to be Kendall and Gigi followers.

Like what brands, for instance? Most of the brands with marketing budgets that can readily afford Kendall and her ilk are also brands that, despite their “luxury” reputation absolutely rely on middle class consumers to covet their wares, to want their little piece of the perceived high life. Cosmetics, perfumes, candles, handbags, various accessories and tchotchkes… those are all the bread and butter for many brands, and those are the items that are more easily accessible to your average consumer.

And anyway, people like Kendall and Gigi (both of whom have billionaires in their immediate families) have broader appeal than I think some people realize. The idea that everyone with real spending power is classy and only cares about well-constructed pieces and is unphased by hype and influencers is totally false, imo. I don’t think they’re alienating “luxury buyers” with those two. Young/beautiful/rich/famous sells well to pretty much every demographic.

I do like Kim Kardashian and don't mind her becoming the face of yet another major fashion brand but this is definitely the weakest campaign we've gotten, and pales in comparison to Dolce & Gabbana by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott. Tyrone Lebon ranks alongside the likes of Collier Schorr and Cass Bird for me - who could all disappear and I would not care less.

MARC JACOBS F/W 2023.24
Photography:
Tyrone Lebon
Styling: Alastair McKimm
Hair: Chris Appleton
Make-up: Yadim Carranza
Model/Celebrity: Kim Kardashian

theimpression.com

I'm quite happy for her new-found career and I'd rather see her fronting Chanel than Loli Bahia.

This guy can only rip off Teller… Also, every project that Alastair McKimm is involved screams mediocrity to me.

This guy can only rip off Teller… Also, every project that Alastair McKimm is involved screams mediocrity to me.
Expect the Bottega shows, that said, the clothes pretty much carry themselves regardless of styling.

I love Kimberly. But this is just not exciting.
Was this shot with disposable camera's? Not a punchline, that's a serious question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuttinthru
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->