Marc Le Bihan S / S '04 - Paris

:heart: mark Le bihan , a huge influence to many wellknown designers
thanks for posting this igni, i'm always on the look out for Mark's collections, but ususally they are not posted on the web.

ps. he sells very well in japan and this season he -finally- got good orders from usa, he's the sweetest person and very talented, has been around for almost ten years, staying very true to his vision

Lena, how would you describe his vision? I can't really extrapolate from the one example. Thanks for any help you can give.

he works a lot with tulle which he dyes himself, he's reworking a lot on standard fabrics (boiling, dye, anything) and he's a bit edwardian as in beautiful corsets, breathtaking fitted jackets etc.

He's past deconstraction, gothic and post punk, a very unique vision, i've found two pictures of his last show.. in :shock: bbc world news, I'll post later on :wink:

here just two more , :unsure:
_39426950_bihan_2story_ap.jpg
_39426734_bihan_story_ap.jpg

the first picture looks like a blow up from the one posted here by igni , but thats all I have at the moment :flower:

:wub: ... i love marc le bihan... i'm glad we finally have a thread on him.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is something about the 2nd image in my previous post that reminds me of Anne-Valerie Hash. a lot.

thanks for the pictures cerfas...that white jacket is wonderful...:heart:

softgrey said:
thanks for the pictures cerfas...that white jacket is wonderful...:heart:

More than welcome.

When I first saw those images, I thought they were nice...but now the image of the last white gauzy dress has been haunting me. I think his work is really special.

it all looks so much better on...one of those designers that really doesn't look like much on the hanger...

whenever i see it in the store i don't really like it...but then i see some pictures and there are really some great pieces...some designers are just like that...that's when it's really important to have good sales help...

softgrey said:
it all looks so much better on...one of those designers that really doesn't look like much on the hanger...

whenever i see it in the store i don't really like it...but then i see some pictures and there are really some great pieces...some designers are just like that...that's when it's really important to have good sales help...

Oh that is so true
It's so hard to tell what will look good on as opposed to on the hanger. Some things look really appealing on a hanger but fit terribly--but that first glimpse can be so seductive. I really want to start a store where the help is helpful to the extent that having a really stylish friend is helpful. Not just a "this looks GREAT on you!" helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->