Marie Claire South Africa August 2012 : Kate Middelton by Photoshop

Mat Cyruss

Mag Master
Reaction score
i think THIS :shock: is worth an own thread & needs to be discussed:

tumblr_m79dlkTRGX1r70toco1_400.jpg

via lexpress.fr

lexpress.fr (translated:(
Women's magazines all dream of having Kate Middleton on the cover. But the wife of Prince William refuses every request, even that of Anna Wintour for Vogue . So, the South African edition of Marie Claire has found a solution.

In awe of the Duchess of Cambridge, the editorial staff has decided to make their cover girl all costs for the month August edition, by sticking his head in a mannequin body ... through Photoshop reports the Telegraph . "We were so inspired by his marriage and his life of modern princess , "said Aspasia Karras , the editor of Marie Claire South Africa .
Even the blue sapphire ring was added

On this coverage entirely faked, Kate Middleton door and a dress with ethnic prints designed by the creator of South Africa Cliver Rundle . Nothing has been left unturned by the editors of the magazine: the same engagement ring sapphire blue was added.

The title of this one so special Kate Middleton wears the best outfits local * is happily punctuated with humor. "* Of course, it does not, but should" appears at the bottom of the blanket. The truth being thus restored, Anna Wintour can rest easy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally this photographer gets the right credits since he always helps the other photographers!
I truly have no words to describe this.

the scandal in HQ

tumblr_m79fefnnGb1r70toco1_1280.jpg

the credits
tumblr_m79fmohMUd1r70toco1_1280.jpg

via downeu.net

This is the funniest cover and editorial ever!
Its so good :lol:
Im sorry but lets say that this is...commitment!

Mat Cyruss thanks for posting this, it made me laugh. It's really disgusting, makes the mock out of everything (the magazine, the cover page cult, the Kate M. herself...everything). They tried to be innovative and fun, but it's just ridiculous.

This reminds me of an old UK GQ cover, where apparently they couldn't get Gisele, so they got a work experience girl to pose for them, photoshopped her body, and stuck Gisele's head on top... you'd never tell the picture was doctored, eh?

UK GQ September 2000 (ebay.com/kevol44:(

OMG loooool this one ^ is even worse loooool are magazines allowed to do that?!

maan the poor Duchess always gets the disastrous covers that looks like a joke...poor photoshop couldnt take such a bad pic hes being blamed by some overly zealous hands to make matters worse the dress is an equally hot mess

even if it's only a hyperrealistic "Fanart"-Illustration, it's a total mess :yuk:
i think the illustration itself is really good & with calling it fanart, they maybe avoid the whole rights issue?
but i don't know if it's that simple, as Chrissy Makkas in the Buzz said:
At the end of the day, the magazine is still using Kate Middleton’s image to sell magazines without her consent.
i wonder if there will be a reaction ?

After looking at the whole thing and reading about their motivation I definitely appreciate the fact that they used this as an opportunity to go creative and have a bit of fun. But even if it's charming in a way and the shot where "she" is holding up the magazine is cute, it's still awkward as hell :lol: The cover is the worst shot, I don't think it gets across what they were going for, even if they did add the comment to the bottom of the picture.
It's just hilarious, though. Thanks for starting a thread for this issue, Mat Cyruss, I wouldn't have wanted to miss this :rofl:

this cover is either ridiculously hideous or funny.

but well how creative of them :flower:

Vogue Taiwan is nothing compared to this crap! LOL

After looking at the whole thing and reading about their motivation I definitely appreciate the fact that they used this as an opportunity to go creative and have a bit of fun. But even if it's charming in a way and the shot where "she" is holding up the magazine is cute, it's still awkward as hell :lol: The cover is the worst shot, I don't think it gets across what they were going for, even if they did add the comment to the bottom of the picture.
It's just hilarious, though. Thanks for starting a thread for this issue, Mat Cyruss, I wouldn't have wanted to miss this :rofl:

:rofl: I agree. I honestly have to admire how they went for it! She wasn't going to come to them. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
murmuration
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->