Marine Serre Menswear S/S 2025 Florence

Mark Vanderloo, why? Why did you accept to be decked out in this old pimp get-up?
More than the questionable taste (what Taste did to millennials to be hated so much is a mystery worth of a separate discussion), it's her insistence on her half-moon monogram that I find ridiculous: you market yourself as anti-system designer only to mimic the worst practices of corporate culture...I can't quite find the logic in it.

I did actually enjoy this especially the menswear alot of things I would wear in the collection. Some of the clothes were questionable like those that made the models look like they were ready to blow up something and that I wouldn't recommend wearing at a high security location. Glad that she's moving beyond the moon print.

Not a Marine Serre fan but this an improvement compared to the last collections she delivered.
This more mature and less trashy. A good path to follow for her.

Pleasantly surprised…
It’s not groundbreaking and it’s a bit all over the place and not as sharp as you would expect a show at Pitti Uomo to look like but, there was clearly an effort to design in this…

However, there was a lot of early days McQueen in this…Even down to the not so sharply executed tailoring. But I like the intention.

For all her efforts, I truly believe that she would have more to offer at the helm of a house, with the expertise of an Atelier than with her own brand.

Maybe she wants the McQueen job.

Good casting anyway.

Will she ever graduate some day???

Also...Marine, was the Versace rip-off needed? And the Margiela one too??:

2ho2E8l4_o.jpg
margiela2.jpg
margiela pic from my HD collection.

PS. Kudos to her for making black moire look like plastic from a trash bag in the first look.

Vibrant collection.

Her fashion is so ecletic, multidimensional. The chic she's doing is far from the boring, reductive idea of good taste other designers are presenting currently.

this was my first impression. i think a modern mcqueen who doesnt have a strong atelier will look something like this. its better than what mcqueen guy is doin.
She really has a good potential. I think she is quite gifted as a designer but in a way, her sustainability thing and the sudden success of her moon print kind of make her forget about the essential part that is defining an aesthetic.
So it’s full of references and all over the place but give her a proper Atelier, the right house with the good archives, and she could deliver.

Let’s be honest, some of those dresses are ambitious and her menswear is totally convincing.

Certainly more refined when compared to her last couple of collection outputs, but I'm a bit lost looking at this. There's a lot of everything BUT Marine Serre (bar the moon print).

It does come across as bit of an audition, but I do wish she stepped back and told herself "no" to certain things to really consolidate the offering. The dresses and evening-esque looks are ambitious and kind of interesting, but they're also really pointless. Then there's the plaids/scarves, then the leather, and the sheer on top of the Kraftwerk homages... It's all a bit too much.

The runway location is nice though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashmagic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->