Marine Serre S/S 2019 Paris

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Sep 25, 2018.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

2. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

3. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

Marine's strength is her cut! She can cut and she has that talent...
    My issue with her is that i don't see the progression.

But, major models moves here! The muse of Alaia closing, Amalia and Cordula in the cast! Impressive!

TheoG likes this.
  4. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Demna-lite! It's too much in the new 'ugly' vein for me to pay close attention, which is sad because I can see some great elements here and there.

5. Ken Doll Jenner

Ken Doll Jenner Well-Known Member

She is actually doing a better version of Demna's Balenciaga imo. Having said that, in order for her to create a more distinguishable, less Demna-esque identity, she needs to take that proposition of mixing sporty elements with the soft scarf ease to a level of refinement, which means less ugly prints and less brazen color-blocking.

6. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Yes! I won't lie, she's rather creative. That lock code coat was probably an allusion to the corny bridge which Paris has been struggling to put an end to. I can get behind the cropped Peplum jackets, and the construction on the last 8th look looks interesting. But NO to the scuba bomber with cycling tights, and all the other fashion victimey prints.

7. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

It’s actually an allusion to her grandfather who used to collect keys (or lock code I don’t remember well).
    Yes, she is creative and very gifted. Apparently she already refused an offer to take over a house so, she is committed to her brand.
    This is only her second show and we saw how Jacquemus changed over the years.

I think the Arte Povera fashion done like this needs to evolve.