Mariya Melnyk

At L- models agency she is called Masha...I have no idea how this is the same as Mariya .:lol:

this is really the same :D Mariya is a full name (it stands in passport and sounds very official), but "Masha" is a short everyday variant :wink:

Well...she did bridal shows.

Quite funny, right? Too young for regular fashion week and doing bridal or going to Asia where working conditions are harder. Contradictions of our fashion world... too 'industrial' for me on some evenings :P

Quite funny, right? Too young for regular fashion week and doing bridal or going to Asia where working conditions are harder. Contradictions of our fashion world... too 'industrial' for me on some evenings :P

what do you mean by "Asia where working conditions are harder"? All models who I know say that they really like working in Asia because they are treated as "princesses" there... :unsure: and that it is realy good to work in Asia for some time before going to Europe

what do you mean by "Asia where working conditions are harder"? All models who I know say that they really like working in Asia because they are treated as "princesses" there... :unsure: and that it is realy good to work in Asia for some time before going to Europe

Experiences I heard from models and mother agents. Of course it depends a lot of the agency you have there, the country you work etc.

Good to work in Asia before going to Europe? That's the urban legend of getting some experience... I don't believe in this. Modeling in Asia is only for money and I appreciate those who are honest enough to say it clearly then it's perfectly fine for me.

^Really? I've always heard nice things about work in Asia,I usually hear they pay better and build their portfolio there, not to mention that they're treated very good there (asians like cute white people). I ,however believe that since she's with a good agency (IMG,right?) they're gonna sign her with an agency that is good there,too.Perhaps,she will only be there one month or two.

EDIT: What is funny is that she didn't model clothes for girls more or less her age and did shows in bridal :lol

Last edited by a moderator:
^Really? I've always heard nice things about work in Asia,I usually hear they pay better

Absolutely true, they pay very well in most cases and that's the main appeal of modeling in Asia.

and build their portfolio there

I doubt... To get tearsheets probably but building a portfolio there doesn't exist. All materials done there goes straight to the trashcan when it comes to making a book for Paris or NY.

All materials done there goes straight to the trashcan when it comes to making a book for Paris or NY.

What about editorial in Elle Thailand or L'Officiel Singapore? It could be done by a new face. For no value?

What about editorial in Elle Thailand or L'Officiel Singapore? It could be done by a new face. For no value?

It has value but for these local markets, by increasing the visibility and popularity of the model there then the chances to book better and for higher rates in these areas. Not for Paris or NY.

IMG S/S 12 Showcard
COACD

Attachments

• 46_Mariya_Melnyk_1.jpg
    46_Mariya_Melnyk_1.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 46_Mariya_Melnyk_2.jpg
    46_Mariya_Melnyk_2.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 3
wow wow wow I didn't expect her to have a showcard because her thread was lacking fans but I'm superexcited about seeing her on the runway!

tumblr_lb4sz1bv_LA1qa0yq3o1_500.jpg

lyssahumana.blogspot.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nngocdiem
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->