Mark Fast S/S 11 London

Shoes are really great, hate the rest. But I do love the shoes. Love the ones with the snake-covered heel and the matching leather upper.

I love Mark. Although he's done pretty much the same thing each season I think he's managed to make it work for next season as well. I really like this, I want the second dress!

Don't get the hype around him, this is really bad and rather tacky!!

i'm glad he's expanding his aesthetic, but i'm not sure he's come all the way down to earth yet.

After a, for me, slight dip in form last season this heralds a return to Mark being at the forefront of 'gothbodycon'.

It's not 'one trick pony', he has a signature but he expanded his work here incorporating new elements such as the brights, the fringing and the plastics all of which worked.

Wearability? You can wear anything you like. If you dare. Objections to work on grounds of non-wearability are just empty subjectivity usually coming from closed minded suburbanites. You wouldn't wear it? Do we care?

Wearability? You can wear anything you like. If you dare. Objections to work on grounds of non-wearability are just empty subjectivity usually coming from closed minded suburbanites. You wouldn't wear it? Do we care?

Wearability in the sense that most of his dresses don't quite support wearing anything else but a nude-coloured thong underneath seems as if anyone having such concerns would have to be a midwestern puritan - Anyway, do you see yourself as an inofficial spokesperson of the fashion jet set that you come up with such snobby tone?

He really is a one trick pony.

The cobweb-as-dress style he's evolved (or copied) from Alaia's signature has become his calling card, why not stick with it? And just because he's entangled some feathers and shiny plastic bits to the cobweb doesn't mean he's still not a "one trick pony": What if all Gaultier designed were conical bustiers-- but once in a while, added some dangly bits to them,would anyone be fooled into believing that they were anything but the samo-samo conical bustiers?

Anyway, this collection really is tacky-- makes me want to take back what I said about Cavalli, because Cavalli's current collection looks refined, restrained, elegant and regal next to this mess.

Wearability in the sense that most of his dresses don't quite support wearing anything else but a nude-coloured thong underneath seems as if anyone having such concerns would have to be a midwestern puritan - Anyway, do you see yourself as an inofficial spokesperson of the fashion jet set that you come up with such snobby tone?

Err - no - wear what you like under it. Works well as a second layer. See - lack of imagination.

You mean unofficial. Yeah, whatever.

Tight and stretchy as they are, I don't think these kind of dresses are intended to be worn with a slip underneath. So either you are that fabulously-build tall and lean fashion socialite/editor as which you may have ocassions to wear skimpy, see-through dresses somewhere between Ponysteps, Le Baron etc. or these clothes simply won't relate to your average fashion following girl or woman that is ready to spend big money on clothes, not shoes and accessories.

As a buyer, I've seen way too many emerging designers hyped to death especially coming from London that simply don't make the crop on the sales floor when you have other designers that have a sincere interest in dressing people beyond the editorials that I'm not buying into the pseudo-authority anymore that shall come from LFW show and clothes placed on Rihanna and in stores like Seven New York.

On the other hand, it's pretty understandable to me why people like Peter Pilotto actually build a business, whereas this guy sells nothing but entry-priced cutout leggings and tank dresses. If he doesn't get to widen his vocabulary, I don't think people will be willing to catch up with him sooner or later.

After a, for me, slight dip in form last season this heralds a return to Mark being at the forefront of 'gothbodycon'.

It's not 'one trick pony', he has a signature but he expanded his work here incorporating new elements such as the brights, the fringing and the plastics all of which worked.

yes! he is a one trick pony! His signature is his knitting technique. The one trick pony part is the same tight silhouette with no room for imagination or variation. It's TIGHT from top to bottom.

he needs to expand (no pun intended) beyond tight, slip on dresses that requires a body of a prepubescent girl to wear.

I really think the issue is that he does not have the technical ability or experise to offer anything else other than a tight dress. I can imagine probably very little grading issues if your dresses resemble intricate knitted tubes. Pretty hard to translate when you go into separates territory.

Adding trim does not qualify as evolving or defining a signature. It's LAZY.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duckyjeanjo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->