Mark Fast F/W 10.11 London

it looks as if he has let sucess go to his head.

i think his topshop collection will be better executed.

I was really disappointed with this. I had high hopes but it was just cheap and tacky.
Last collection was better.

I think the main problem was the hosiery, not the clothes - you can see the elastic waistbands of the tights (pantyhose) digging in, even on most of the skinny models and that's what made it look all lumpy.

Also, the shoes are too high, of course.

Unless you have big feet, the angle is simply too great to walk in them properly and most curvier girls (even tall ones) tend to have smaller feet in proportion to their height than skinnier girls; it's just a body type thing, I think?

Also, I've noticed that curvier girls tend to have higher arches, too - which, again, increases the angle of the foot in a heeled shoe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very few clothes look better on plus size models, and his possibly look the worst. Stupid, attention-seeking move on his part, no one is even looking at the clothes, just how bad the clothes and models look in them..

What and absurd and offensive statement :rolleyes:. The clothes he put on the thin models are as lumpy, ill-fitting, and unflattering as the ones on the plus girls. Its ludicrous to point out the plus models and the clothes they are wearing when the collection is flawed throughout.

I wonder if he used plus size models so people his rather average collection would still get publicity.

why on earth would mark fast put those great pieces with draping on those waif thin girls and the bodycon dresses on the full figured girls?! further, as anyone of any size knows, undergarments can make or break an entire ensemble. the girls probably could pull off those tight dresses -- i've seen many women of size pull it off with a belt, a wink, and killer shoes -- if they had underthings that controlled their curves.

In terms of the energy and movement, what a joyless show. And what a waste of those girls, who could have been styled to look ten times more amazing.

he could have done better, i really expected something good from him....

Huge downgrade from previous season and it really dissapoints me because he seemed to have been doing such a great job.

And it has nothing to do against the plus sized models but some of those dresses...

i like his use of plus sized models, but..the outfits on them don't fit well & aren't that great to start off with. what a shame.

The girls make-up and hair makes them look pretty rough to me..

Every now and then there's pieces I don't mind, but he's one of those designers like David Koma, where I'm just not entirely sure how out of the amazing sea of graduate/young designers they've managed to get the funding/buzz behind them to create and show collections at fashion week.

Not really impressed at all. The pieces are OK but nothing special. I thought he did the models a grave injustice regardless of their size. I had such high expectationsl

I do dig how fresh-faced all the girls all are, but the collection is rather a very weak attempt at blatantly copying Azzedine Alaia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndresKlayr
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->