Marni Goes Melrose

oh, I didnt realize this was going to be right near the Urth Cafe... in that 2 block area....

Marni shops

Sugo said:
Future Systems did A Marni store in 1999...not sure if it's the New York one. They also did the Comme Des Garcons store in NY (and maybe paris).

The Marni shops are being made bý Sybarite in London. See their website www.sybarite-uk.com where you also find great pics of the latest shop in Milan!

Mette

Future Systems designed the new york, tokyo and paris stores according to a 2003 article on designboom of which the main design element is a curvilinear stainless steel rail that curves around the store.

future systems

I think Sybarite was brought in later to design other stores with different interior concepts but retaining the curve steel element (possibly at Marni's request), which I personally feel is somewhat timidly implementated in some of the stores (reduced into simple steel arches in the LA store for example)

You are very right! Marni's stores were first made by future systems and later by sybarite, but the truth is that it is the same persons working on it. Its as simple as that:-)

ah.. now i know. The 2 of the principals met while working at Future systems.

Thanks for the info.

marcj said:
oh, I didnt realize this was going to be right near the Urth Cafe... in that 2 block area....

Waaa?! I was just there last nite at Urth...How could I have not spotted it? :blink:

marcj said:
...with Marc Jacobs, Marni, etc.... it will be right near Miu Miu :heart:
That makes a lot of sense to have those three close together. Marni is definitely my favorite of the bunch.

Sephora_Socialite said:
Waaa?! I was just there last nite at Urth...How could I have not spotted it? :blink:

it's on Melrose palce right? wich is kind of a side street if I remember correctly.

Spacemiu said:
it's on Melrose palce right? wich is kind of a side street if I remember correctly.

Yeah, I think so....it's not too far from where I live. Can't wait for the opening. :smile:

^ yeah... its kind of hidden away on the tree-lined Melrose Place, which is a short parallel street to Melrose ave. Happiness, it has been open for a while now.

marcj said:
^ yeah... its kind of hidden away on the tree-lined Melrose Place, which is a short parallel street to Melrose ave. Happiness, it has been open for a while now.

Are you serious???? Where have I been???? :lol: :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Madame Gres
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->