Marni Mens S/S 07 Milan

Ceptuouse

Reaction score
00280f.jpg
00300f.jpg
00200f.jpg
00060f.jpg

[vogue.co.uk]

I have to say that it's a big disappointment. I loved this year's Spring collection because it was funky and retro, but this just look bland to me. Too utilitarian for my tastes.

thanks for photos JR1, i was going to post this myself just now :lol:
i guess Marni doesn't do "runway shows" for menswear??

here are some more
from gqstyle.com

00210f.jpg
00250f.jpg

i suppose this will give some idea of the fabrics she'll use for womenswear s/s 07...

00240f.jpg

^I don't know what this is...

Last edited by a moderator:
from the same place

some cute sandals/shoes
00070f.jpg
00040f.jpg

00140f.jpg
00090f.jpg

The accessories are cool, esp. the shoes. Nice simple clothes, not my style though.

I must say... these men's collections are boring me :lol:

im having mix feelings
not sure if i like these or not
the glasses and ties look great

gius said:
^I don't know what this is...
Lol the first thing that came into my mind when i saw these "things" were some sort of high fashion c*ck rings(don't ask why i thought this). But I do like this collection, her stuff is kinda funky but not overly flashy and the cuts are really nice as always. Too bad Marni is so expensive!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's all kinda cute, it's conventional, but pretty darn adorable.

The accessories are much nicer than the clothes but overall I like the look.

I think it's absolutely meaningless, like the majority of menswear collections I am seeing... It's without doubt wearable and partially commercial, but lacks an edge and identity... It would be OK for a decidedly non-design/back-to-the-basics brand like A.P.C. where you are looking for everday staples at a decent pricepoint, but for a label like Marni, it simply isn't enough - most of these pieces could be everything, if you cut out the label tag.

Somebody said it's too utilitarian, but I don't see anything overtly detailed in the clothing that would suggest an overtly functional background.

It really all looks like an unloved stepchild of the marni womenswear, if you ask me.

from this, i love the sandals and sunglasses... i cant wait to see what comes into the storeee!!

^ I'd say those are clearly key rings, but you guys certainly have active imaginations :lol:

tricotineacetat said:
It really all looks like an unloved stepchild of the marni womenswear, if you ask me.
unloved stepchild
I get the same feeling :cry:
There seems to be so much more playing with different fabrics and construction techniques at womenswear

tricotineacetat said:
I think it's absolutely meaningless, like the majority of menswear collections I am seeing... It's without doubt wearable and partially commercial, but lacks an edge and identity... It would be OK for a decidedly non-design/back-to-the-basics brand like A.P.C. where you are looking for everday staples at a decent pricepoint, but for a label like Marni, it simply isn't enough - most of these pieces could be everything, if you cut out the label tag.

Somebody said it's too utilitarian, but I don't see anything overtly detailed in the clothing that would suggest an overtly functional background.

Couldn't agree more. Prada has been doing this for years though. If Marni takes pages out of Dries van Noten with every women's collection, why not take Prada's pages for menswear?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->