Marni Mens S/S 07 Milan

The image of Marni's menswear has always been a bit bohemian, a bit flamboyant, a bit poetic, bright colors, beautiful and interesting patterns, some quirky details here and there, but always elegant and with right amount of restraint. That's why I was such a big fan of Marni. But the last two or three seasons, such an image was really gone.:( I was at Marni's boutique in New York two weeks ago, and I didn't see anything that appealed to me. The Marni stuff at Barneys was even more horrible. Marni has always been one of the staple on YOOX. Until two seasons ago, I could always find very very nice and unique things from Marni on YOOX (like heavy-embroidered jacket, white canvas short blazer, long-sleeved shirt with beautiful water-color prints), but not any more. Right now everything of Marni on YOOX was boring, the colors, the cutting, everything look so dull. I saw some pics from its 06/07 FW showroom presentation, to be honest, all those outfits look so much John Varvatos-alike, all those earth-tone coats and jackets. I don't know what to say about this collection, but it's really not the Marni that I love. Actually lots of things shown here look like Agnes b. a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->