Marte Mei van Haaster

She's a bit too clinical for my taste but I'm very curious about her look in editos. I hope she'll be able to express and pose nicely

AMSTERDAM BORN MARTE MEI VAN HAASTER (MODELS 1) WAS SCOUTED AT THE AGE OF 17 BUT WENT ON TO STUDY AT ART SCHOOL.
NOW 19 AND FULL-TIME MODELLING, MARTE HAS JUST TAKEN THE INTERNATIONAL FASHION WEEKS BY STORM WALKING IN 19 TOP SHOWS INCLUDING PRADA (EXCLUSIVE), BALENCIAGA, CHANEL, CELINE (OPENED), MIU MIU, GIVENCHY, LOUIS VUITTON, ALEXANDER MCQUEEN, VALENTINO, SONIA RYKIEL, ACNE (OPENED) , CHRISTOPHER KANE, ERDEM, JULIEN MACDONALD, AQUASCUTUM, ANN-SOFIE BACK AND SASS & BIDE.
CURRENTLY DOING THE GO-SEE ROUNDS WE’RE EXCITED TO SEE IF MARTE MEI’S SHOW SUCCESS DEVELOPS INTO AN ELUSIVE CAMPAIGN!

BIRTH DATE: 08.05.92

BIRTHPLACE: AMSTERDAM

ETHNIC ORIGIN: DUTCH

NICKNAME: DE DIKS (WHICH MEANS “THE FAT ONE” IN DUTCH) AND A MORE COMPLICATED VERSION: DE-DIK-STRIK-DOK (THE FAT DOG WEARING A BOW… SORT OF)

WHERE WERE YOU SCOUTED: IN AMSTERDAM, BUT I SENT AN EMAIL TO THE AGENCY WITH MY PICTURES! AND THEN I SAW THEM THE NEXT MORNING.

BEST FEATURE: I HAVE SMALL FEET AND MY LIP CURLS WHEN I SMILE

FAVOURITE BEAUTY PRODUCT: ELEMIS AND VICHY

HOBBIES: CYCLING IN AMSTERDAM & UPDATING MY VISUAL DIARY

FAVOURITE MOVIE: ‘EVEN DWARFS STARTED SMALL’ BY WERNER HERTZOG

WHATS ON YOUR IPOD? MY FRENCH SPEAKING COURSE AND AN HOUR LONG RADIO SHOW MY BOYFRIEND DID

GUILTY PLEASURE: DIPPING KITKAT INTO TEA, AND LETTING THE CHOCOLATE MELT A BIT

DISLIKE: MEAN GRUMPY PEOPLE LOOKING AT ME LIKE I HAVE POO ON MY FACE & DELAYS ON PUBLIC TRANSPORT

DREAM COUNTRY TO VISIT: WHERE THEY HAVE LOADS OF FORRESTS AND SPEAK ENGLISH AND WHERE ITS NOT TOO HOT AND NOT TOO COLD, PROBABLY IRELAND OR NEW ZEALAND

WHAT WAS THE LAST THING TO MAKE YOU LOL? A SHOP CALLED “BOOTY WINE”. I WONDERED IF THE SHOP KEEPERS REALISED HOW SILLY IT SOUNDS!

WHAT WAS THE LAST DREAM YOU REMEMBER? HAVING AN APPOINTMENT AT THE NORTH POLE. GOING THERE BY TUBE, FORGETTING THE STOP AND JUST RANDOMLY LEAVING THE TRAIN. I WAS THEN IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE SURRONDED BY ICE AND CANDLES AND WAS VERY F***ING FRUSTRATED BECAUSE THERE WERE NO DISPLAYS ABOUT THE NEXT TRAIN!
ftape

Gorgeous beyond belief in those digitals, but I think she looks better with some auburn/red in her hair, it makes her skin more radiant and her eyes pop more.

Versace for H&M - Backstage
PB081325.jpg

models

Meet the New Girl: Marte Mei Van Haaster Will Eat a Damn Chocolate Bar If She Wants

Nineteen-year-old Marte Mei Van Haaster never wanted to be a model. Despite her strong, androgynous face and statuesque height, she had her sights set on becoming a fashion and textile designer instead. But after being scouted on the streets of Amsterdam, the Dutch native came around to the idea and signed with Paparazzi Models in her hometown. She later moved to IMG Models, and had an exceptional debut season this past September: She opened for Acne in London, landed an exclusive catwalk deal with Prada in Milan, and closed for Céline’s spring collection — all on top of her appearances at Chanel, Givenchy, Yves Saint Laurent, and Valentino. Those key showings made the world’s top editors and stylists sit up and take notice. We caught up with Haaster via telephone this week, as she dashed from flights between London to Paris.

How did you make your mark on casting directors?
By not thinking about leaving a mark! I try to be happy with what I have and look at every job as an extra, like a bonus.

Tell us a little about your childhood.
Well, I have always lived in the center of Amsterdam. My parents split up when I was very young, but I have no negative memories from this, and I split up my time between both of my parents equally. I have no brothers or sisters, but I don’t care, because my parents were my best friends. In school, I was the hyper-active, skinny, tall one that was moving around way too much. I remember people being annoyed with how active and loud I was, and not understanding what their problem was.

What were your thoughts on models prior to becoming one?
At first, I didn’t quite know if it was my cup of tea, but I think that’s normal. My mother’s best friend is big in the Russian magazine industry, so she pushed me to find an agency. I was scouted on the street before, but I never really wanted to pursue it. Later, after some research, I connected with my mother agency, Paparazzi models, in Amsterdam. I sent them pictures on a Saturday night pretty late, but I got an e-mail back right away, asking if I could come by as soon as possible.

Do you work hard on your physique?
Fitness wise, I run, swim and do yoga. I try to run every other morning for about twenty minutes, and then do some yoga after. For me, it’s more about being as healthy as you can be, than about being as skinny as possible. When you want to eat – you should eat, that’s natural. Don’t go against it. If this means you want a chocolate bar, you should eat one!

What’s your normal diet like?
I eat a lot, but it’s always natural; a lot of fruits and fresh fish. I drink a lot of tea and water. I absolutely love porridge with banana in the morning. Actually, because I lost so much weight during fashion week from all the running around, I’m not dieting.

Last thing good book you read?
Well, I’m reading a lot of Google maps and call sheets, but it's starting to get predictable. I enjoyed reading Kafka on the Shore, The Kite Runner, and The Boy in The Striped Pajamas.

Favorite models?
Saskia de Brauw
and Laetitia Casta.

What scares you?
Environmental changes. Yet my lifestyle is not really helping.

Goals outside of modeling?
I was actually a student at the Royal Academy of Arts in Holland, studying fashion and textile design. I got my degree for the first year. I would like to continue my studies once I’m ready for it again.

What's been playing in your iPod lately?
Actually, it’s been my French speaking course.

Hardest thing you learned about modeling from your debut season?
You need to be able to deal with disappointment. When this happens, you need to remind yourself of all the great stuff that’s happening instead of that one disappointment.

nytimes, the cut

INTERVIEW DECEMBER 2011/JANUARY 2012

Models: Querelle Jansen and Marte Mei Van Haaster
Photographer: Mikael Jansson
Hair: Eugene Souleiman
Make-Up: Mark Carrasquillo

fashionscansremastered via visualpotimism

Wooooow!!!!! i looovee iit! perfect combination!!!! dutch girls!!!! yeah! :heart:

and pleaseeee more work for Marteeee!

In the new issue of russh:
"Marte Mei van Haaster & Monika Sawicka by Amy Troost, styling by Gillian Wilkins"

from models.com

she's did Prada show in Tokyo with the same outfit than Milan in September :buzz:

Balenciaga Pre-Fall 2012
1Cjmel.jpg
YElN7l.jpg

wwd.com via Flashbang

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"