Matt Lucas' Ex-Husband Kills Himself, Leaves Suicide Note on Facebook

LetThemEatCake

Reaction score
This is really sad. Suicides are always tragic. :(

kevinmcgeesadness.jpg

The ex-husband of Matt Lucas, the co-brains of Little Britain, was found dead in his home yesterday morning. The Telegraph reports that Kevin McGee hanged himself after writing this suicide note on his Facebook account: “Kevin McGee thinks death is much better than life.
Matt and Kevin were married in 2006, but they divorced last year. Some say that Matt just couldn't take Kevin's constant drug use.
Friends of Matt say he's "completely destroyed" and it doesn't help that he's currently starring in Prick Up Your Years in the West End. Anybody who has seen the movie or play knows it's about tragic gay sadness. Sad.

telegraph.co.uk

So sad. And I hate the fact that all people can comment on is that they weren't really married cause they're both men. Grow up you horrible people and show some respect.

^^Ugh, I hadnt seen that, but its comments like that which are largely why I never go read others comments, because half of them are so negative and nasty and they put me in a bitter and negative mood reading them, so I just spend my time reading people's posts here instead.

To show respect seems largely in part very lacking from most anonymities behind their computer screens in these days. :cry:

Who cares of race or gender or sexual preference, it happened to another HUMAN, no different from you! People are for the most part looking out for themselves, and the nice ones are out there but you've got to search.

Anyhow, R.I.P. Kevin :heart:

so sad indeed. i never knew matt had been married.

So sad. And I hate the fact that all people can comment on is that they weren't really married cause they're both men. Grow up you horrible people and show some respect.

I read this story in a Sydney newspaper today and the article said they were "married" and "divorced" (with quote marks I mean). Really annoyed me!

Lucas quits role after McGee death

Lucas quits role after McGee death
ABA0AF4415D5FEF16B172D5EB4C65.jpg

pa.press.net

Matt Lucas will not return to his stage role following the death of his ex-partner, it has been announced.
The comic actor temporarily left the West End production Prick Up Your Ears as he grieved, following the suicide of Kevin McGee last week.
Producers of the show have now said that he will not return to the role.
He is being replaced as Keith Halliwell by stage and film star Con O'Neill.
McGee was found dead at his Edinburgh flat last week.
The couple married in a civil ceremony in December 2006 but the relationship ended last year and the union officially dissolved in January 2009.
Lucas, who rose to fame in comedy shows Shooting Stars and Little Britain, pulled out of his role in Prick Up Your Ears following news of the death.
He was replaced by an understudy in the production, which looked at the relationship between Halliwell and his lover, playwright Joe Orton.
In a statement, producers of the play said: "Given the sad news that Matt Lucas has recently received, and the role he was playing, it is understandable that he could not return to play Halliwell at this time and our thoughts are with him.
"Ongoing support for our production from audiences at the Comedy Theatre over the past week has been wonderful and given the huge investment from our cast, director, writer and production team, we are delighted that the brilliant Con O'Neill is joining our company so that the show that we are so proud of can complete its West End run."

(MSN)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->